1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peter Vecsey: JVG and CD are no longer on speaking terms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, Feb 19, 2006.

1. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

http://www.nypost.com/sports/63782.htm

ROCKETS: Sources say Jeff Van Gundy and Carroll Dawson are no longer on speaking terms. A reenactment of the ruthless friction that transpired in New York between Van Gundy and Ernie Grunfeld, which led to the firing of the Knicks team president. I'm informed Van Gundy is so angry with the personnel Carroll has provided that he recently told free-agent pickup Stromile Swift, "Would you please ask to be traded."

-------------------------------------------------------------
    The personnel CD has provided? How's the team's personnel turnover since the arrival of JVG? Anyone believes that those trades were not approved by JVG? :rolleyes:

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Wow. Granted, if this is true, all I see is JVG alienating players. What a terrible coach.

#2 arkoe, Feb 19, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That is total BS if it is true. CD only got the players which JVG wanted. JVG has been pulling all the strings. We did not have an influx of ex-Knick players before JVG got here.

If in fact JVG is trying to put all the blame on CD, he is a sleazy punk who is using CD as a scapegoat, which he set up himself.

I hope this is true. JVG will fnally be exposed and will be shown the door. Time for change, starting with JVG and Ewing.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Considering it's Vescey, they're probably best friends now.

5. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Consider the source. Vecsey is wrong so many times with his blather it isn't funny. He should write for the Enquirer.

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I think that whole column stinks of a bitter NY sports journalist. I mean seriously did any of you read the rest?

he's right about this though:
    "* Charlatan Barkley had 17 points and zero assists. Just like now: his presence helps no one.

That reminds me; I see where Magic Johnson stamped Barkley an ambassador for basketball. Right. And Dick Cheney is an ambassador for the Audubon Society. "

hahaha

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Can somebody post the entire article?

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

deleted: since arkoe's quotes looks better. hehe

#8 magnetik, Feb 19, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Thanks.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Let me guess, some of this is also Juwan Howard's fault?

Regardless of ZBoy's negative hate spew, this may turn into something very interesting. This is an odd thing, even for Vecey, to just make up.

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Please, we have better "inside sources" on this board!!! I'll believe it if Doc or some other source says it. Coming from Vescey, ummm hmmm!!! Apostolic3 had it right on the money when he said Vescey should write for the Enquirer.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

what the hell!

13. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

This cannot be correct. There are plenty of things that would indicate otherwise.

1) By all accounts, CD is a great guy.
    2) JVG is a negative person, but I have never heard of him being difficult to work with in Houston.
    3) Good or bad, CD makes things happen. He gets big and small trades done more than any GM in the NBA.
    4) JVG and CD have to target players together. Every player on the roster has to be discussed between the two, and therefore one cannot be blamed entirely.
    5) Vescey is a spineless, lying loser who has burned many inside sources and is desperate to generate buzz.

14. krosfyah

Yea, I guess it doesn't make sense. What is more likely is somebody asked JVG something about CD making a big trade and JVG made one of his typical scowls. Vecesy then just said they arn't speaking.

15. New Jack

New Jack Member

I’m not sure what to believe. Vescey has been pretty accurate as of late. Couple that with David Aldridge saying definitively that Van Gundy wants a new point guard, the debacle that occurred in Phoenix, and the constant reports of the Rockets looking to make a huge move, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Van Gundy is really unhappy with this roster right now.

I also remember Doc Rocket earlier in the season reporting how he wanted to ditch Alston, Swift, and Wesley. And now DA wants out. Van Gundy, very much like Larry Brown, seems like the type of coach that wears his heart on his sleeve. One day he’ll love his team, the next day he’ll want to send everybody packing.

As far as blaming CD for the roster moves, that’s probably something we’ll never know if it’s really true. When he speaks to the media, Van Gundy seems very much like the type of person that takes responsibility for his screw ups. Yet he’s also constantly looking to trade away his players, which is basically deflecting blame to them instead of him.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am tired of JVG, I want a coach that knows how to take advantage of the new rules and the new NBA.

DD

17. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I'll take CD over JVG if it comes down to it

18. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Same here. Still I don't know if I believe Vecsey. Feigen needs to get a denial from both JVG & CD if it isn't true.

19. krosfyah

I think JVG is a decent coach. I'd give him at least until the end of the season to see if he can make a serious playoff push. That being said, I wouldn't lose one ounce of sleep if he got fired esp if we got a better coach in return.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Amen to that.

Get rid of that freakin NY'ker! :mad: