1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Perdue cut by the Bulls.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AxSomebody, Jun 21, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Perdue is a veteran that has height. He is better than Pig. OINK OINK!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

2. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

Will Purdue could give us another big body in case any of our big guys go down. In the 96 season he averaged 8 points and 9 boards a game in 24 minutes.

Does anybody know the length of his contract with the Bulls? If he is still getting that 5 million per year we can sign him for the league minimum. That is the only way I'll agree to obtaining this guy.

------------------

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Any team that is planning on competing with the Lakers need a lot of big bodies to foul Shaq with. I wouldn't mind picking him up for the minimum. Even if he never leaves the bench except vs. LA, I think we could use him.

------------------

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

"The guy was cut from the WORST team in the league ... and you want to pick him up?!"

If that was the case I guess Portland didn't have a very good team, since Augmon was cut by us (a lottery team).

------------------

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Perdue will be a Rocket when Clutch becomes a Jazz fan!

Don't count on it.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post and I don't mean Brian Grant!

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Pimp, hilarious. [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Purdue, when he was in San Antonio, is much better than Pig is now.

Pig is a better rebounder and a wash defensively, but he sucks offensively. At least Purdue can do something with the ball.

And if Drew is traded, there has to be at least one white guy to take his place. Quotas ya know.

[​IMG]

------------------
    No signature for you!

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

But again, I dont think he should command a lot of money, AND I highly doubt the Rockets will give him a hard look.

But that doesn't mean he would be a bad pickup for a third string center.

------------------
    No signature for you!

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I like Pig as our third string center. I hope he resigns.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Perdue is a horrendous offensive player. He has not one move. Not one. He is good for a trash bucket or two, a few boards, and maybe some fouls. I pass.....

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

11. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

AxSomebody,
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. But somebody earlier in the post had said Perdue could do something with the ball whereas Pig could not. I wanted to stress that Perdue is horrible at creating his own shot, no moves, and is really bad on the offensive end as a whole. I know he can contribute, but in my opinion, he is not able to run the floor or finish well on the break. With the new style offense that the Rockets are implementing, he would not fit in too well.

I don't see Rudy even giving him a second glance.

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ----------

12. AxSomebody

AxSomebody Contributing Member

HOOP-T,
    Granted [​IMG]
    Perdue can't do anything offensively to save his life, but for purely defensive purposes, I'd like him. I agree, that he doesn't fit in the Rockets running game, but I still think that having a decent 7-foot defender and rebounder to throw at the Shaqs, Robinsons, Mournings, and Duncans is reason enough to pick him up.

------------------

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Man, where's Chuck Nevitt when you need him??

[​IMG]

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I still say Purdue is better offensively than Pig.

------------------
    No signature for you!

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

How is Perdue better than Pig?

Pig is just as good a defender as Perdue. Neither is dominating, but can hold their ground. If anything I think Pig is slightly better because he can get after his man and push him away from the basket quicker than Perdue can.

On offense, Pig is alot better. I don't mean by scoring points because there are more ways than putting in baskets to be a good offensive player. Pig rebounds well for his size and does one thing Perdue doesn't do....he runs the floor with enthusiasm.

Try and picture this...would you rather have Perdue running the floor with Francis, Mobes, and Shandon or Pig? The Rockets did very well in the transition game with Pig running with our small lineup. I don't see how Perdue could possibly help.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post and I don't mean Brian Grant!

16. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

Forget about the Rockets picking up Perdue. We don't need that slug. But I have to wonder if this can't help the Rockets in a different way. I read somewhere (Hoopsworld, I believe) that the Bulls were interested in trading one of their lottery picks. With the Bulls dropping Perdue, they will have to take Mihm with #4. If the Rockets could trade with them we could get Miles at #7.

------------------
    The Wizard when asked about his WWJD bracelet: "It's my good luck charm. It stands for 'Walt Williams Just Doin' it'."

17. AxSomebody

AxSomebody Contributing Member

HOOP-T...your description of Perdue sounds just like a description of Pig Miller or Charles Jones....Except that Perdue is a legit 7-footer...
    Now don't get me wrong....I have no delusions of Will Perdue being the final puzzle piece that would skyrocket the Rockets to the playoffs...but still, I don't think his presense would hurt anymore than that of Two Sandwiches (whose roster spot took away the Rockets' ability to hold onto the likes of Brian Shaw and Stacey Augmon)
    I'd like to keep Pig as a third-stringer, but not at center....how about at the 4 spot? Everyone knew that when Pig played center, he was playing out of position simply because he is undersized. I want the Rockets to hold on to Pig Miller because he's a good, hard worker and a decent rebounder, but I don't think it'd be a bad thing if we got Perdue, especially if TMass doesn't work out.
    Some of you are also forgetting that non-scorers can contribute too....especially when they're experienced 7-footers......

------------------