1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pep Guardiola will coach Bayern, starting 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Confirmed today. Link coming.

1 person likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

AWWWWWWW JIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

3. FaBo

FaBo Member

Freakin' awesome!

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I wish he could lure Messi and Iniesta over :grin:.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Link:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ardiola-to-take-over-at-bayern-munich?cc=5739

Bayern Munich have confirmed Pep Guardiola will become the club's new manager in the summer.
    Guardiola to take over at Bayern

Guardiola, 41, has been without a club since leaving Barcelona at the end of the 2011-12 season as he sought time away from football.

During his sabbatical in America, the Spanish coach has been linked with several clubs, including Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and AC Milan.

However, Bayern have moved to secure his services for the 2013-14 campaign after they announced on Wednesday he has agreed a three-year deal at the Allianz Arena.

Guardiola, who won three Liga titles and two Champions League trophies during his time at Barca, will succeed Jupp Heynckes as Bayern boss.

Bayern confirmed the news on their official Twitter account: "Jupp #Heynckes will finish his successful career by the end of this season. Pep #Guardiola will take over as FC Bayern head coach in July."

"We are delighted that we were able to secure Pep Guardiola, who had been courted and contacted by many prestigious clubs," Bayern chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.

"Pep Guardiola is one of the most successful coaches worldwide and we are convinced he will not only light up FC Bayern but also German football. We are looking forward to working with him from July 2013 onwards."

Bayern president Uli Hoeness added: "We are extremely thankful for the work Jupp Heynckes has done. After his decision to leave we would be delighted if the team ensured of him an illustrious farewell. Only a big gun like Pep Guardiola came into question as an appropriate successor for him."

Heynckes, 67, is currently enjoying his third stint as Bayern boss, with the club in command of the Bundesliga, as they lead the table by nine points with 17 matches played. It is thought the German was privy to the club's plans to acquire Guardiola's services.

6. Raz

Raz Member

Best coach available. Will be interesting to see if Guardiola will succeed outside of Barcelona. But I guess with Pep on his side Martinez will become Europe's best central midfielder in the coming years.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

hope for nothing but the best for Pep.

I expect a lot of ex Barca players to join him after they a while.

Don't count on it. Barca was not a creation of Pep. The system starting at La Masia was what created Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. It took decades of training.

#7 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Right now, I see Barca and Bayern at the top of world club football, and Spain and Germany at the top of all national teams.

Will be interesting to see if the two styles can be mixed at Bayern, with Pep. It's a risky experiment...but that he chose Bayern over probably more lucrative offers by Chelsea, etc., says a lot.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

I'm not surprised at all. Bayern as a club is not riddled with papparazi type media, hype and pressure from the owner like the ones in GB. It's just football and Pep appreciates good football energy.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Falcao and Pep won't save Chelsea now.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't think any (or more than two) Barca players will join, Bayern recently said they want to create something like "Bayern Germany" and lure the best German players(Goetze, Reus, Draxler,...) to our club.

Bayern will be formed into a German version of Barca, with a huge youth system full of national youngsters that will be perfectly implemented.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I want Goetze on Bayern. More than anything. He is a talent of a century.

13. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Congratz Bayern fans, great acquisition by your organization. Visca Bayern!!

14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Lol bad joke man

15. REEKO_HTOWN

i'm sorry that I didn't clarify but I meant in terms of coaching and mentoring. The culture is something that takes time and more heads than one. Wouldn't surprise me if Abidal comes a knocking 2 years from now to help Pep.

#15 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Happy for Bayern fans.

But you do know that Pep only joined Bayern because Liverpool decided not to pick him up right? :grin:

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What is wrong with Pep, too scared to go to the EPL where there are more than 1 team that's a contender. As it stands, he'll only have to worry about one team in the league, Dortmund, just like how it was in Barcelona.

Furthermore, he has all the resources in Germany that he could want, being the richest club there by far. I don't see how it's a challenge for him when Bayern were already perennial UCL contenders without him.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Say steady to me again when I'm talking to you, and you'll be on the first plane back.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

Maybe he just doesn't like you tossers. Ever think of that? A league where Sky TV reports when you have to take a **** during practice and the lifespan of a manager is two seasons (unless you're Fergie).

**** the EPL, yeah I said it.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Let me guess Mourinho and Madrid fanatic? :rolleyes: