1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. kanariya

kanariya Member

What the hell are you reading? Where did I mention Muslim even once?

2. kanariya

kanariya Member

I suggest you check out other protests like one in France and Ukraine. Also look up 1989 tiananmen in the mean time.

kevtse, REEKO_HTOWN and malakas like this.
  3. mms

mms Member

Sorry that was a mistake. Edited out. I have issue with your defense of those violent protesters.

4. malakas

malakas Member

If same thing happens in US, with millions of american citizens rioting because they have been denied their freedom of speech and to vote , the whole country would join them in burning down the place.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

It seems personal to me.....

What dramatic response, everyone bent over to apologize to you guys.

Wether he should have tweeted or not is a separate issue, but this response by the Chinese government is ridiculous and bully tactics.

bacliff, D-rock, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  6. kanariya

kanariya Member

What I stated was the info I gathered through out the months from news source. He questioned the motivation for the violence and I gave him the reasons behind it. You can disagree with the action which some HK citizens also disagree with. If you look into more about the police brutality then you might have better understanding where all the hatred came from.

malakas likes this.
  7. kanariya

kanariya Member

It is a huge risk that if the NBA and Morey now bow down to the Chinese gov, the western people who stand with Morey will also be angered.
    With 49% of the citizen voted for Trump to make America first, why would they support to bow down to foreign gov, while in a trade war with them?

8. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

This China-NBA relationship is quite one-sided, so bully-tactic is an option to carry a message.
    The China-Apple relationship is a lot more complicated and probably the more delicate one to watch.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member

I blame the U.K.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay man, you are openly admitting its okay for them to be doing this? Am I correct on that, its okay to strong arm people you work with(foreign countries) and using thug/bully tactics?

11. HP3

HP3 Member

So what is this, is this not a strong arm? They are openly admitting it.

D-rock likes this.
  12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are actually trying to understand, rather than spread CCP talking points.

You will probably never agree to the numbers that I tell you or the actual incidents, but ask yourself this: If many HK people are upset, isn't it likely that they have a good reason for being upset? Are they brainwashed, ungrateful, or are they actually legitimately unhappy about something?

Here's a simple economic explanation. China is big, and HK has good opportunities. Huge numbers of rich Chinese people buy all the good stuff in HK, and now the local HK people can't afford to live there. They see their quality of life going down. They see their jobs taken. They see their political structure being changed in ways they didn't agree to. So are they legitimately unhappy, or are they brainwashed?

You can say that the mainland has progressed in some ways over the last few decades. Sure, that's true. But it's a bad deal for Hong Kong, and they are legitimately unhappy. No political arguments needed.

D-rock likes this.
  13. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

If you ever worked with, or as a dominant supplier (or customer), you would have done that already.
    Otherwise you would be compromising the goods of your employer.

But look, here in US you cannot challenge political correctness, as a public figure, despite all the "freedom of speech" values. Correct?
    You cannot do that with China either, we do have a different collection of PC items on our list.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

China is literally the home of the most snowflakes ever

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, I can see this where we stop talking. This is about more than customer and supplier, there are morals here as well. Most people here pick Morey over your Government's hurt feelings. If you dont want to be a Rockets fan thats fine. You're just sticking around here until Morey is fired and that wont happen.

People do it all the time here, what are you talking about?

bacliff and D-rock like this.
  16. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Data collection. I don't have to spend time reading the view of people I already agree with.

You mean public figures ignoring PC? That usually won't go well

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Data collection? LOL alright, I guess thats something you wont get in China since everyone there backs there government unconditionally like now. And sorry to say this, but if anything happens to Morey, Houston Rockets fans wont want anything to do with Rockets fans who supported his firing, some will outright leave the fandom.

Tell that to Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, and even Joe Roegan.

D-rock likes this.
  18. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Congratulations on lifting the discourse to the level of a disinformation meme.

D-rock likes this.
  19. jayland

jayland Member

Latest piece on Morey on China state owned newspaper.
    https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201910/07/WS5d9b2bb9a310cf3e3556ef7a.html

Looks like China not really happy with his statement since he didn’t really apologize or say his opinions on HK were wring

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  20. jayland

jayland Member

Well China clearly doesn’t think Morey’s statement is an actual apology.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/pol...ryl-morey-meant-no-offence-hong-kong-protests