1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pending divorce between Deron Williams and Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SHOKI3, May 16, 2014.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

No Rondo. No DWill. Just get us Lowry.

2. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Williams is a worse defender than Harden...No thanks..

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nobody is worse than Harden. Not even mr.magoo

4. sutton

sutton Member

Dwilliams is far superior player than Lin, he is the real floor general Morey dreamed for.

“In Morey we trust”, just sit tight and watch it unfold.

5. Lihao

Lihao Member

learn how to read

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

TJones is 84th out of 81?!

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

DD has personality and passion.

He is somebody here.

You are not.

Keep working that ******* angle. It's a great influence.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to tell whether D will just needs a new atmosphere or he is just done. Honestly Lowry or Bledsoe are my pick. I love Beverly but he needs to come off the bench. Lin however is just a waste of space. Maybe he'll thrive else where maybe he won't the important thing is Lin is elsewhere.

9. Rockness

Rockness Member

Hell no, do not want that contract with a guy who does not play up to it 90% of the time. We would get trade D-Will, fire Morey and appreciate Harden for his defense threads all over the place!!

10. fluors

fluors Member

My mistake. I tried to correct that after I posted. TJones' espn DRPM ranks him 84th out of the 90 PFs.

Here's some more food for thought regarding Deron Williams:

From The New York Times (2012): http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/s...liams-takes-shot-at-the-nets-system.html?_r=0

Deron Williams: “That system was a great system for my style of play (referring to the “Flex” Offense run by Utah Coach Jerry Sloan). I am a system player. I loved coach (Jerry) Sloan’s system there, I loved the offense there.”

When asked to compare the offensive systems for Utah verses the Nets: “Is it as good as there? No. There’s just more one-on-ones and isos in Johnson’s system (referring to Avery Johnson of the Nets)”.

I found this posted on the Ultimate Knicks Forum http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=47527&page=1, so can’t vouch for every word but most of the same text appears in the The New York Times article referenced above. “In college (at Illinois), we ran the motion offense. A lot of cutting, a lot passing, a lot of screening, a lot of extra passes. I’m used to just movement so I’m still trying to adjust.”, referring to The Nets and Avery Johnson.

He also had a heated argument with Utah Coach Jerry Sloan (who resigned because of it) and also argued with Nets Coach Avery Johnson (who accused Dwill of quitting on the team - his Nets teammates followed his lead - and the Nets went on to lose 10 of 13 games, which led to Avery Johnson's dismissal): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-williams-is-the-nbas-most-toxic-coach-killer. Is it just a coincidence that two different coaches quit or lost their coaching positions because of differences with Deron Williams?

Does this sound like a guy you’d want at point on a team that utilizes as many isolations as the Houston Rockets? Does this sound like a good locker room guy? Steven A Smith (I know, I know) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy56H8XLJaw also said that DWill is not "Box Office", something you'd expect from a $100M player, and lacks leadership ability, so is unable to galvanize players around him to play better. I understand the need to move Lin but for a moody, offensively challenged PG with suspect ankles? Has a history of arguing with coaches? Lacks leadership ability? Quits on his team when he disagrees with the offensive philosophy? At a time when the Rockets are most in need of court leadership?

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently you do or else you wouldn't mention it

you are saying his name like you were destiny's child

i want you to say number over and over in your head

12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

deron williams please no...ego and attitude problem no thanks.

13. 9495

9495 Member

D. Will is not better than Asik+Lin.

14. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

No I don't want Mr. Glass ankles plus he's a former Utah jazz player. **** him.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Worst trade ever. Guy is basically on crutches.

I rather pay Lowry the max, and theres also Rondo.

16. MichaelG281713

Williams is a dicey guy to bring in. If he'll never be the great PG he once was, there's absolutely no reason to bring him in.

We need Melo.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Agree or disagree with him, DD is very well known here. You, sir, truly are a "nobody," at least at ClutchFans. If you have a dog, however, I'm sure he/she thinks that you're the cat's pajamas. Perhaps you should stick with your dog. Don't have a dog? Get one!

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Staying away from him...he seems to have motivation issues. Guy is never in ripped shape...no way.

I think we need to focus on addressing the 4. Griffin and Alidridge are not going anywhere and Jones will probably always be too small to deal with them.

Focus would first be on testing the waters with Love. They will want Parsons but just see what they offer so you can work with something as it looks more and more likely Love will leave as a free agent.

In the mean time, take a shot at Monroe. Big enough to play the 5, can spread the floor at the 4. Jones becomes the 6 man, hustle guy on the bench. Maybe we can get Okafor cheap enough as insurance and for blow outs.

19. Fantasma Negro

Rondo or Lowry. Williams is a system player, who forced the inventor of the system that made him successful quit. No thanks, I'm not the biggest proponent for McHale but I'd rather have an average coach than a sub average coach killing point guard

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Am I the only one who read this as an attempt to lampoon all of the folks who put DD at the end of their posts?

DD