1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pending divorce between Deron Williams and Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SHOKI3, May 16, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The question is what other options there are. The Rockets have claimed that the team should now be attractive to free agents and there is some validity to this. And there are some very good free agents (Bosh, Melo, even Lebron) and soon to be FAs (like Kevin Love) out there. So one would think that there would be less risky options than Deron Williams.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Probably the best summary of my thoughts. If the Rockets trade for him, it's because they think they are buying low or at market value.

I think there are better options for us, but it just depends how urgent our timeframe is. If Morey thinks we have to start making a big run next year, perhaps Williams is an option.

IMO, the Rockets priority list looks something like this....

1) Trade for Love
    1a) Trade for Aldridge
    2) Trade for Melo
    3) Sign Melo
    4) Trade for Rondo
    5) Trade for DWill

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i woulduch rather get Rondo. i just think Rondo would be throwing allyoops to Dwight and tjones allday while putting this team under control.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I would NOT trade Lin and Asik for Deron Williams.

Are you kidding me? The Nets would be all over this trade.

I wouldn't even trade Lin at $8M/year straight-up for DW at $20M/year x 3.

5. krnxsnoopy

No thanks to post-surgery Rondo

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody wants to take on d Wills salary and no one wants to take on Lin s salary .

Sounds like a match

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

What scares me is this has morey written all over it. Dwills value is at an all time low... But it's low because he's a shell of himself.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

While we're all complaining about Lin's contract, and here comes DWill's. Can Morey fall to a new low?

9. krnxsnoopy

So would you do this trade? Yes or no?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

While he's better than Lin true...but man a backcourt of Harden and Dwill scares me.

They both have that 'laziness' vibe on the court, that laid back mentality.

Rather have Melo. Melo has heart, I don't think anyone can deny that about him. Only room for one laid back superstar on the roster.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

seriously??

AFTER Lin comes off the books Deron is still owed 43m for an additional two seasons.

You make this trade and you tie all flexibility and roster adjustments to the shadow of the corpse of an ankleless Dwill.

12. afk

afk Member

DWill doesn't solve our bench problem...

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I didn't he was making that much. Too damn much if you ask me.

14. Cypress

Cypress Member

He is not the same like before, HELL NO!

15. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

You guys are crazy if you think Dwill is still considered an asset these days. The Nets would be lucky to get rid of that contract, let alone get anything in return. Step outside of this forum and go to a neutral site and you'll see how Dwill falls on the top 5 of every "Worst contract" thread on the internet. Washed up, expensive, not a winner

If this team needs 3 stars to get out of the first round, fine. But not Dwill

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Maybe Deron can see a turnaround season with us? IMO though, I would rather have Rajon Rondo.

Maybe a package of Asik + Lin + Picks + one of Jones/Dmo for Rondo and Bass?

Bass is a good mid range shooter and defender and we know what we get with Rondo.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love how people are saying we have 20 million so no thanks. We have two players to trade for that contract. We don't have 20 million to spend however we want. If you want to make a real argument, you say that we would be giving up on Durant/Lebron/Love/LA sweepstakes.

That makes sense. Four midrange 5 mil per year players doesn't do jack.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rondo instantly gives this team a midrange game and makes it much tougher to stop us. We are currently 2D and need 3D technology. The rest of the league knows how to shut us down.

19. deshen

deshen Member

$60M left on contract? no way.

20. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

DWill is over-rated and washed up. Why go for a 20M older washed up with an improving young Lin with only 8M on cap? Let's go for Lowry.