1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pending divorce between Deron Williams and Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SHOKI3, May 16, 2014.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lin for Deron in a heartbeat.

Lin and Asik to make the salaries work.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No thanks to Deron and that hideous contract. I want Lin gone too but not at the expense of our cap.

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

If only Morey would take this deal. But from his interviews he's said that he's gotten offers for Lin but he refused them. So apparent Morey wants a lot more back.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

In terms of value from -10 to 10, where 10 would be Lebron James and 0 would be a guy you can trade for nothing(i.e. Courtney Lee this past season trade for expiring),

Lin's value right now would be -2.
    DWill's value right now would be -a million.

5. verysimplejason

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

7. verysimplejason

It will entirely depend on how DWill will rebound this year actually. But I must admit, it will be a very big risk.

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

Just Lin isn't even worth it. You would basically be giving up on the Howard years. Deron's contract is that bad.

Funny how when the Nets got Deron - everyone (myself included) thought that they had pulled off a great deal.

But they were sort of forced to sign Joe Johnson to keep Deron. And then it just sort of forced them to go all in and mortgage the future.

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Amare? Kobe?

10. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

I live in Brooklyn and can say after watching ~40 of there games this past season, Lin would be a borderline all-star in their system... Dwill's motor is all but gone... he's better at 1-on-1 than Lin and has a quicker trigger but shoots a lot of contested shots. Lin is way better at P&R, and is way faster, I've seen them both in person.

Dwill in houston's system as is would be an improvement over Lin, but just to put up a random number, he'd probably be anywhere from -3 to 15% of an improvement at the point for basically killing your cap for the remainder of the howard/harden years. Not sure if its worth.

Considering, Dwill is getting surgery on both his ankles this offseason... who knows what player you're getting. Rondo is probably a better deal, maybe not the best fit...I think they should go after Melo/Klove

11. basketballholic

^^^^^^

Lin would look like an All-Star in Brooklyn, New York, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indiana, and Sacramento...just to name a few.

12. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I'd like to point out that Gilbert Arenas is still getting ~$24M from Washington lol