1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pelinka: Lakers obsessed with chasing the Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Ratman

Ratman Member

For everyone roasting the Lakers roster, Rome wasn’t built in one day, and rookies don’t stay rookies forever.

2. rockets13champs

Hahahahaha THE ONLY ONE I BELIEVE IS LEBRON... rest of the lakers would be happy to go to playoffs

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Remember John Weisbrod? He was the Orlando Magic GM during the Tmac/Francis trade. I remember him pounding his chest when he got Francis that he liked him because he was a "fighter" (unlike Tmac in his eyes). Weisbrod's background was as a NHL GM.

Being a "fighter" might have it's values, but if your BB IQ is dumb it doesn't matter. This is basically Lance Stevenson. Rondo is smart, but he isn't the same player physically.

Nook and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. macan

macan Member

sry fakers, your gm ain't Morey..you would be chasing the 8th seed at best

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Not sure who i hate more.... the Lakers or Warriors?

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Rome?

They got Lebron.

No PG.
    No Kawhi.
    No CP3.

Just Lebron.... and scrubs

These Fakers ain't goin' nowhere this season. They need to be worried about making the playoffs more than "competing" with the Warriors.

ryano2009 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That means Rob Pelinka is more competitive than Mitch Kupchak.

8. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Chase the Worriers? He should find out whether Foster Brothers are Lakers fans or not.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

I do not believe Lakers can make the playoffs. The Lakers game looks ugly, no offense and no defense.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

You've already seen them play together? o_O:confused:

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably true.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24087675/nba-summer-league-rookies-buzz-news-rumors-more

On the other side of the equation, the one-year deals the Lakers signed after landing LeBron James were generally panned. Rondo and Lance Stephenson don't in reality match up to the vision of putting playmakers and strong defenders around LeBron outlined by Ramona Shelburne and Brian Windhorst last week.

"If the Cavs had signed those contracts [with James on the roster], they'd be getting killed," pointed out one executive.

12. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I don't think the signings are as bad as some of us think. They're going to be pretty good. I still have GS, Utah and us ahead of them. Our spot is vulnerable with what we lost. Hopefully our signings work out because Ariza was a high iq guy. Sure he was getting old and we shouldn't pay 15 million but it's a big loss.

13. dejamike

dejamike Member

Is it crazy for me to say that I don’t think the current Lakers roaster can beat the T-Wolves in a playoff series?

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Warriors. Definitely the Warriors.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

To me it is, because LeBron is so much better than anyone on that team. Capela worked KAT. Wiggins never shows up. Thibs coaches like it's 2001. The Lakers aren't stacked but playoff LeBron is no joke.

topfive likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I like the Lakers young guys. Kuzma, Ingram, Ball. It’s he signings after Lebron that are head scratchers.

Lance, Rondo, Javale were all close to being out of the league recently and neither of them can shoot. These vets are going to want playing time, and they are worse than the young guys.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I question if this Lakers team will even make the playoffs in the west. Lebron can't just cruise through the regular season if he wants to get home court advantage.

I just remember the West bottom 4 seeds being a bloodbath every year and nothing would make me happier to see the Faker fans cry when they miss the playoffs with Lebron. Actually, they'll probably just be happy Kobe is still their lord and savior.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Keep chasing maybe someday you'll get there, highly doubt it :D:D

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Count down until magic quits.... 5...4....3....2...1...

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

cc: @Clutch @The Cat @heypartner

Comments below from Magic Johnson on trying to beat the Warriors. Next evolution of the Rockets is increasing the amount of players that can create off the dribble. e.g. Moving away from catch and shoot only Ariza....enter Carmelo Anthony. Or a player like Bazemore for example.

----------
    He also watched how Houston and Boston had success in the postseason. Johnson said he and James were in agreement that adding multiple playmakers and defenders with playoff experience was a way to combat Golden State.

"We have to remember the game is not the same anymore," Johnson said. "There's no team in basketball that can duplicate Golden State. But what you can do is try to make sure -- Houston, they really gave Golden State problems because they had guys, multiple guys, that can break the defense down. Not only shoot but also create off the dribble. And on the defensive end they were right there.

"When you think of some of the teams that had great shooting besides Golden State, all those teams really got beat. But then you look at a team like Boston who had, again, multiple ball handlers, guys that can put it down on the ground and get their own shot, they advanced all the way to the Eastern Conference finals.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-plan-whole-nother-level-lebron-james-arrival

Clutch likes this.