1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pedo Joe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Nov 15, 2017.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why is fchow so furiously defending Biden. If you show this to 100 people on the street a majority would think it's at least very creepy.

TheresTheDagger and ipaman like this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Sure, maybe the shoulder rubs and playful hair touching. But the hair sniffing? That's just extra weird.

And then what about the adult women he's done that to? Highly inappropriate to a peer.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If you do this to one person on the street, that person and bystanders would find it creepy.

ipaman likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There is a gulf between creepy and pedo. Honestly, if Biden was doing a photo op with my family and putting his hands on my daughter's shoulders, I'd probably slide in there and break contact. Not because I doubt his intentions but because I know my daughter would probably be uncomfortable with it. We're not physical people; Biden obviously is. The difference between this and the Moore/Franken/Weinstein/whomever-is-next situations is that in those situations women have publicly said the person did this thing and it was unwelcome and inappropriate. Sure, Biden is a powerful man and in normal times someone might be afraid to make an accusation. But, it's open season on powerful men right now. If anyone wants to say Biden crossed a line, now would be the time. And if someone does, it'll greatly impact my view. But, until someone speaks up, I have no reason to think any amount of hair smelling and shoulder holding was non-consensual.

B-Bob, Invisible Fan and pirc1 like this.
  5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I'm no fan of Biden but I see nothing in that video that is concerning, even slightly concerning.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Biden is touchy but not sexual from anything I've seen. If while touching their shoulders he slides their bra strap down or puts his tongue in their ear when he talks to them, ok. Just being touchy is not harassment.

I don't like to be touched. I would have issues with Joe Biden that we'd have to work out. I don't ever touch people that I meet and I struggle hugging people. It has caused awkward situations before particularly when someone grabs my arm or something being friendly. I may react in a weird way to it but I am not offended. This is a spectrum. Biden is on the touchy side and I'm on the other side.

That is totally different from taking a 14 year old girl home and fingering her or forcing your tongue into someone's mouth or grabbing their breasts, etc.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

what about the other 50 videos and the wapo (russian bot?) article about creepy uncle joe?

8. ipaman

i'm sure your wife would happily let you touch other married women like that and let you smell their hair.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I have a co-worker who hugs every woman he meets. He has hugged my wife. If my wife saw me hug his wife she'd probably think it was curious.

Behavioral norms differ when it comes to personal space. If my wife saw me acting like Joe Biden does towards any one she would know something was up because I don't touch people I'm not intimate with.

Joe Biden clearly has no concept of personal space and I would definitely be uncomfortable around him, but that doesn't make it sexual.

10. ipaman

Tell me then, in what non-sexual category does "sniffing the necks and hair of female strangers & kissing female strangers" fall under for you?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It falls under the category of first-degree murder. Biden is a murderer. This makes it very plain and clear

12. ipaman

I'm sure those women and girls who were touched and sniffed by creepy joe, at what were very proud, important, family events, find your joke hilarious. i can imagine all these moms and daughters getting ready for their proud, family member, swearing in achievement, all the while saying I can't wait to get to meet our VP and be touched and sniffed like a piece of meat. What an honor!

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, they don't find my joke hilarious... Well two of them did, but anyway... What they do find absolutely hilarious is your melodramatic ranting about something they may have made someone wince for a second and never think about it again after that. They absolutely think it's hysterical that you try to somehow equate anything that Biden did with any kind of pedophilia, sexual assault, or anything else meriting more than a casual smirk.

justtxyank and R0ckets03 like this.
  14. ipaman

who knew that like ~25 videos and multiple articles showing/discussing many incidents is only a someone.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, it's already been documented that it was part of an organized effort to tarnish Biden. None of the videos or articles show him doing anything wrong.

16. ipaman

Yea already been documented that he did the following at the very least,
    1. The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.
    2. The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
    3. The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome.
    These are "Facts About Sexual Harassment" from the EEOC. Maybe Creepy Joe should cut that crap out. Or keep doing it because he did nothing wrong according to you.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Those are facts about Sexual Harassment and they don't apply to Biden. You trying to sexualize his non-sexual behavior is getting kind of strange.

No Worries likes this.
  18. Exiled

Exiled Member

I’m undecided , my confidence of knowing what’s right or what’s considered harassment deminishied , for sometime I was offering my help to my 90+ Romanian neighbor who lives alone and often struggles pushing her garbage bin, calling hydro company and such ... after I was done helping her this time ,I asked her if she needs me to do something else , she requested a kiss, a very sexy kiss as she said, it was disgusting as I was telling the story to my wife who said , it’s your fault...you must gave her an ok sign before.. !

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How long has this been out there? The timing for firing this bullet seems a little weird...

Then I remembered reading a couple of weeks ago a story about Biden regretting not having run for president.

Was that a feeler for a presidential bid, and is this the Russia-bots attempt to spoil that?

That "feels" more right to me than a distraction from Trump, but I could be wrong

B-Bob likes this.