1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pediatrician Recommendation?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Dec 2, 2013.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is a cleverly disguised "about to be a first time father" thread.

Does anyone have a pediatrician recommendation for the Katy area? Anywhere along I-10 from say Memorial City up to Katy Mills would be ideal.

We've interviewed a couple, but I'm not sold on anyone yet. I want someone who can communicate effectively in English and I prefer an American medical degree but I have no preference for white/black/hispanic/asian/middle-eastern, etc.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes. Agnes Kisch. We LOVE her. Let me find her deets.

Here you go. She's really great. They just moved to Westgreen and Kingsland.

CONGRATS!!!!

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bump cause I really like this lady and we are probably having to take our girl in today, so it made me think of it. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 person likes this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I have a seven month old and we've been going to the Texas Children's branch in Baytown. The couple of times that I've went they've always seemed really nice, concerned, and informative. Punctual as well. We haven't had any complaints. I don't know if she sees the same Dr. everytime though. my wife would know better than I would.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Congratulations on your impending fatherhood!

I became a first-time grandfather in October and couldn't be happier.

6. justtxyank

We scheduled an intake interview with her based on the enthusiast of your recommendation.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

She does have a bit of an accent, FYI. Not an issue with us as far as being able to understand. We just really like how well she interacts with our kiddo and takes the time to remember little things. Hope you like her! Sending you my name in rep in case they ask who referred you.

8. justtxyank

What type of accent?

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

The Texas children's pediatric office in the new hospital by barker Cyprus is great. My doctor recently moved into upper management, but my family has dealt with other pediatricians in that office and they're all great. It's also great knowing that they have a lot of resources available to them since they are in the Texas Children's system

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

German.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Thanks. We haven't had the best luck at Texas Children's Pediatrics on Fry and Kingsland. The doctors are very nice but they kept sending us back with no prescriptions for severe chest congestions, wheezing etc.

So I finally had to go to Kelsey Seybold Cinco Ranch to get meds. Nice facility.

I'll keep Dr Kisch in mind.

12. justtxyank

What's your take on the Kelsey Cinco Ranch?

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do we need to have a playdate, you guys?

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Thatd be a cool idea for a get together. Unfortunately we live on the other side of town from Katy.

Anyone have a pediatrician they like in the Clear Lake area? Ours is ok, but we sometimes feel like she is too quick to brush off concerns we have.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Congrats on the kid!

Don't know anything about pediatricians, but the vet at Fulshear Animal Hospital is very good. It's a long drive for me but it's worth it.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Meet in the middle, yo.

17. Rockets007

Rockets007 Contributing Member

These guys are great and have alot of resources at their disposal. We take all three of our kids here. We use Dr. kenneth Cohan.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Congrats on the kid!

Just wanted to clarify one thing: regardless of where a doctor gets their MD, if they want to practice in the U.S., they are required to complete a U.S. residency

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Congratulations! I'm due next month. :) I just went with my friend's recommendation of this place in the Memorial City area.

http://www.bluefishmd.com/

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I love our pediatrician. I'm sure she loves us too, since we have to take our boys in there about once a month for these damn ear infections. :mad: