1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Payton suspened one game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DEANBCURTIS, Jan 18, 2001.

1. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Seattle said it was for "conduct detrimental to the team", don't they know he's on two of my fantasy squads. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

2. University Blue

It's about freakin' time. I never liked him as a player. With all the trash talking he does, I'm surprise he (or Jordan) is not in more altercations.

------------------
    "Breaking up is hard to do...[with] everyone trying to make it a parting befitting all the professionalism that came before. Trying to find that Olajuwon graceful fade one more time."

Scott Howard-Cooper (Sacramento Bee, ESPN.com)

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Just because he's a trash talker doesn't mean he deserves to be suspended. That's part of the game.

------------------

4. University Blue

No, he was suspended (this time) because of "conduct detrimental to the team."

I don't care if it was Jordan, Bird, or Payton, trash-talking should not be a part of the game. Knock their asses to the floor a couple of times and they'll learn to shut up.

Now I'm all sentimental for the Pistons teams of the 80s.

------------------
    "Breaking up is hard to do...[with] everyone trying to make it a parting befitting all the professionalism that came before. Trying to find that Olajuwon graceful fade one more time."

Scott Howard-Cooper (Sacramento Bee, ESPN.com)

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Payton is a tremendous talent, the best PG in the league on both sides of the ball, and I have always defended. But the last few years he has been a CANCER on that team, plain and simple! Hey Payton, you didn't exactly have a couple of great games yourself, Patterson has been the best player on the team the last week or so. Payton should have been suspended 2 or 3 games, but one will suffice.

------------------
    If Megatron can become Galvatron, why can't Rocks2001 become RocksMillenium?