1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HiGHurNAMEis, Feb 25, 2012.

1. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

...+1
    Thank you.

2. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Any reasoning? :confused:

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The more I think about it, giving up only one starter for him is a no-brainer!

Lowry
    Martin
    Pierce
    Scola
    Dalembert

I'd take that group to make the WCF

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I'm no capologist so feel free to shoot this down:

[​IMG]

Lowry/???
    Lee/Parsons
    Pierce/Budinger
    Gasol/PPat
    Dalembert/Smith?

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Lakers get Rondo and Scola for Gasol alone? Scola has to go to Boston in that deal to make it a fair trade.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Why does every proposed trade haveta be us gettin some deteriorating 30+ year old...

7. Commodore

not sure Boston would want him if they are blowing it up, plus the salaries won't work

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

So basically we trade away all of the cap flexibility Morey has worked so hard to obtain, 2 solid young Moneyball Sf's in Parsons and Budinger, and then Enable Boston to sign 2 max contract stars all for the declining Paul Pierce, Who isn't enough to put the Rockets over the hump. Genius!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

9. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

This is not 2k man.

Beasley, Harden like ha! That's funny he hasn't proved that this year or years prior. One great game against the us doesn't prove much especially knowing the T'Wolves are a match up problem against us. Beasley has had one other great game & that was against the Kings, enough said. & he has a player option of $8mil next season, definitely not worth it.

Not only does your trade completely fill voids of the two trade partners, it depletes us of our engine, Lowry. For Pau Gasoft & Luke Ridnour this trade makes it more difficult to assimilate the already difficult west. I'll pass.

Defensively Gasoft isn't that much better than Scola. He is only taller which is a benefit with team defense, but individual he still gets exposed by more athletic & superior pfs & centers depending on the match up.

10. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

In season, what else are you going to reasonable get?

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I'd rather garnett even though he cant jump

12. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents

I totally understand where you are coming from. However if you don't have a great team in place, what free agent is going to want to come here? That has been the issue the past two years. Then you will have a bunch of cap space for what? Unless you trade K-Mart for a top 7-13 draft pick get a big man & sign Nick Young (which is a totally different thread).

As is, we are solid (above average)

With K.Low, K-Mart, Pierce, Scola, Bear as your starting five that makes us a more attractive team, not to mention city & state benefits.

Unfortunately, with teams loading up on stars players don't want to come and be the sole franchise player they want help which only makes sense if you want to win big. That's the issue with Howard this year, Melo last year, LeBron the year before, Kobe before Gasol, I could go on & on.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

No.

I don't want Pierce. Or more accurately, Boston has no business trading Pierce. At least we traded Dream when he was completely washed up, and even then it rankles.

Why the hell should Lebron or Dwight show any loyalty to their teams when we think about trading them when we'll trade them away the minute things turn a bit bad?

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know, right?

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

16. Commodore

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I don't know. They're old and need to shake things up. I don't even like Pierce but if this somehow happens, i'll be ok with it.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think the deal that Commodore outlines is pretty fair for all. I would want to keep KMart. The only problem then is that you lose the defense from Parsons.

I think Patterson alongside Dalembert could help a lot with that problem. Pull Dragic back as well and give them Morris+NY pick+Budinger. LA would also need to send Boston a draft pick.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You were the one who started with the trade idea, you explain. Lakers getting Rondo and Scola for Gasol?

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't see how this trade makes us that much better than what the Celtics have now and yet we will be considered contenders if this goes through? As things stand

Lowry = Rondo
    Martin = Ray
    Parsons <<<<Pierce
    Scola <<< KG
    Dalembert >> O'Neal

We may have a deeper bench but it getting Pierce does not make us that much better. It does however hinder cap space for free agents.