1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Paul George wants to play for a contender, likely to bail Indy next summer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by brewer's goat, Mar 21, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Welcome to Houston Paul George

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bird is crazy?:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/...george-pacers-trade-deadline-robert-covington

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think that's a great offer tbh...keep in mind that they also have Turner which is way better than Noel and Okafor, if Philly offered their 2017 1st ok, that's interesting, but still not that great, if the picks they offered were both future picks then i'd say it wasn't a good offer at all.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I never will underestimate this guy...Paul George with Beverley, Harden, and Clint as a core...Has real potential. That being said,any chances of PG coming to Houston would have to be a 3 team deal...Besides the #13 is already taken...:)

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Considering PG is only an inch shorter than Ryno why not keep Ariza and Lou and make PG a 4? It's not like we would be losing any post defense or rebounding going from Ryno to George.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That is not at all what happened with Dwight. Do you actually believe that or did you just twist facts to try and make your point. Dwight was a free agent, Lakers tried to (re) sign him as did a bunch of other teams and we happened to be the one he chose in the summer.

Again, even if PG said Houston or nobody (which is not ever going to be the case), Indiana wouldn't grant him that wish. Makes no sense whatsoever.

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

"Idk why everyone cares so much about the mvp"

Do you think George wants to play with James Harden or with the MVP?

Cashmoney likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Huh? Your post shows the exact same situation though what so you mean twisting the facts? Lakers wanted to resign him or do a sign and trade, they couldn't do it because Houston wasnt dumb and didn't trade for him prematurely like what NYC did with melo.

When a guy says he wants to play just for one team then the team has no choice but to let him go. Pacers can match his contract but if PG says he doesnt want to play in Indiana why will they do that and pay a disgruntled player max money? You keep saying Pacers won't let him go but have not offered a valid reason why they will pay him the max when he doesn't want to be there, or why will a team trade assets for him if he says he wont play for anyone except Rockets?

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anderson is a much better 3 pt shooter, thats why. Also Paul George probably doesnt want to be put in the PF slot.

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He's not.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I thought you were saying Lakers were trying to trade Dwight the season they had him, which they didn't. They tried to keep him in the summer, my bad if thats not what you were claiming.

Still, there are a number of teams that will give up assets even if it means acquiring him with him saying "I want to go to only houston" if they hear that we would only give up a package of whatever, dekker and ariza or whatever it is. Bird will in no way be like "well he says he wants to go to Houston. so lets just take the contracts and possible solid reserve and do as he says."

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Ryno is a career 38% while George is a career 37%.

The NBA is not like it was in the 90s with PFs like Barkley in the low post. We constantly have Ariza and Harden guarding PFs and George is taller and a better defender than both.

It seems very Morey like to me to break conventional wisdom and realize how interchangeable positions are in today's game and use that to his advantage.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm sure the first thought is of Paul George joining Harden in Houston, but all i see in this gif is the Hollywood sign and 2 LA boys teaming up for the Lakers. Right in line with my prediction that Harden will demand a trade from Houston. Paul George signs with LA this summer and by December of next season, Harden will demand a trade to the Lakers.

14. BackdoorHarden

Git it done Morey.

Ryno, Ariza for PG.

Fair trade for everyone