1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George Re-signs with OKC

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Man, Royce Young is going to be insufferable now. :eek:

LOL at the Lakers.:D

OKC will be a solid West Playoff team for the next couple of years. :mad:

2. BackdoorHarden

EXACTLY!!! THOSE OKC biiiiiiiiiiiiiotches complaining about the WARRIORS is so ironic because we all should be complaining about the OKC DYNASTY EXCEPT FOR THAT $4 million.

THANK YOU OKC FOR HARDEN!

3. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

you guys do know that oktobealone and maverick floor are the same person right?

4. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Do now

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its all about the money. Honestly surprised he would turn down a chance to play with his hometown just because of a couple million more. That amount is nothing to a max player.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes. It just allows him to sign a new deal for 5 years this year instead of next year.

ryano2009 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That night club announcement was douchey and reminds me of Parsons.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Windwhore looks like he is about to cry that PG didn't go to LA.

Jontro likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul must already be regretting his decision. At least he got his money? *shrugs*

Sajan likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

I don't get it. He didn't just choose to play there blindly...he chose it after seeing a disaster of a season last year.
    Maybe he thought lebron wasn't going to LA? But he could have called him and asked..right? And then made his decision?
    Pretty sure he could have made the decision after Lebron signed also.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Love this signing. A great win for small market teams, and most importantly, the NBA.

Paul George will forever for a respected individual in my eyes.

Sajan likes this.
  12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Everyone involved loses in this signing.

Celtics gained the most so far

13. BackdoorHarden

He looks more like a fool playing for money and 1st round exit

cheke64 likes this.
  14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Would you have been happier if he went to LA? What would you have said about him then?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because he decided not to follow Lebron to LA. not really.

I'm glad theres players out there still who aren't doing that. It's obviously very rare in this era. You have all these people criticizing and calling for pg13's move to LA for what over a year now. Then he decides to stay where he is unexpectedly to most and now hes a fool.

Easy likes this.
  16. Maverick Floor

Ok ya'll,

I know I said PG and LeBron were locks to become Lakers a year ago.

It was true. PG was on board.

But when he decided to stay in OKC, I was SHOCKED.

I found out last night from one of my clients that Paul George essentially "wussed out". The dude really did not want the pressure. He straight up backed out of signing with LA. He backed out and that's why the LeBron and the Lakers pivoted to Kawhi. I'm just stunned at why PG took the deal he did. I question his basketball intelligence if he says he wants to win a championship. It completely came out of left field, especially when he was the first to commit to LA before Lebron last year.

Anyway, LeBron coming to LA was never contingent to Paul George signing or even Kawhi, obviously. He was set from day one.

The Space Jam 2 trailer was cancelled, but it did contain LeBron wearing his Laker uniform.

There's so much more info I'm starting to hear, especially some Rockets tidbits. But with the way ya'll treat me sharing information, it's best I not share. People get all worked up!

So if you want me to apologize, I apologize that Paul George did not sign with the Lakers. It turned out to be false! I was for sure he was going to be a Laker. A lot of us in the industry were sure. But the unthinkable sometimes happens (see Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump).

However, LeBron was a man unafraid to take on the pressure of playing in Los Angeles. He understands what it takes to wear a Laker uniform. And it's still perplexing to me that Paul George, a California native, of all people, did not have it in him.

Again, if you want my apology, I apologize that I led you to believe Paul George was going to sign with the Lakers. I'm only as good as what my sources tell me, just like any other reporter (not saying that I'm a reporter or insider). But things happen. Things change. I can only wish Paul George good luck in what he's aspiring to do for himself.

As for LeBron, I hope I delivered the truth. I told you he was going to sign a 4-year max. Not a 1 +1.

He's a Laker for life.

That's all, folks!

17. BackdoorHarden

As a hater, I would have said the same thing as everyone else if he went to the Lakers,

"FUVVVVVVVVVVVK SNAKE. PG13, you weak cupcake. Can't win with Westbrook so you have to join the Greatest Player ever to win!! YOU WEAK PG!!!"

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...Lakers-A-Year-Ago-But-They-Didnt-Trade-For-Me

The third part of Paul George decision documentary has been released following his agreement to re-sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder on a four-year, $137 million contract.

George agreed to join with the Thunder at the start of free agency and didn't take a meeting with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"It's been very stressful," said George. "It has not been an easy decision. I 100 percent appreciate Laker Nation for wanting me to come back home, for wanting to play in front of them.

"I wanted to come here a year ago prior to going to OKC. Unfortunately, I wasn't traded to the Lakers. The Lakers didn't grab me. I was traded to Oklahoma. And that has been a beautiful thing for me."

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Paul George re-signing with OKC.

That's the value of getting a FULL YEAR to recruit a player, get them locked into the system and culture of the team. Feeling wanted. Knowing the role.

This is the EXACT same thing Morey would do if given the chance. He was willing to do it with Howard and George. Would be the same with Jimmy Butler. Have confidence in your own stars and culture to seal the deal.

Lakers hubris, once again, cost them a chance at PG. You have to be aggressive.

arabrocket, malakas and YOLO like this.