1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patterson played big .. does White have a role?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DimeDropper, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

PP looked very good to me against ATL- he played big and physical, made some fine defensive plays against JSmoove, and dropped two threes iirc. I was very impressed.

Now, I don't see what possible role Royce White plays for this team, and I'm guessing Morey is actively trying to move the guy (next month). The whole deal with White was the ballhandling niche and with Harden here that role doesn't really exist, at least as a feature, esp since PP's minutes leave more for Parsons which further crowds out White.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He missed a lot of jumpers. Mediocre. Lucky, harden carried us to the last two victories.

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I just dont see the hype with patterson, and jones looks like he is the one upper.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Morey has not settled on a team yet. White, Jones, Motiejunas, Morris, and Patterson have a while before it is determined who is a keeper.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

white is not a role player... he is not a bench warmer... he is a prospect.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yeah, OP, I am guessing you are new to following the Rockets, but that is not exactly how Morey operates. Just because a player is not immediately part of the rotation or does not even seemingly have a role on the team in the foreseeable future, this does not mean that Morey is trying to trade him or that he is not going to get his chance.

Look at Morris for instance. Morris got no chance on the court last season, and everyone suspected he'd be gone. But now, not only have the Rockets picked up his option for next season, but the guy is getting a serious chance to contribute. White and D Mo are going to just have to put in their time on the bench and prove themselves in the D league and in practice.

My guess is by next season or earlier due to trade (which, given Morey's propensity to pull the trigger on a trade and the various glaring holes on the team's bench, is a strong possibility) that you will see White, Jones and or DMO get a chance on this squad.

We just have to have the same patience that they have to have -- though I must admit it is difficult to wait on White considering how fun to watch he is.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

White is a stronger possibility to play the SF position then Morris was last season because of his above average handles and passing ability. He needs to work on his defense and shooting ability however.

Delfino is in no way a long term option and was mainly gotten because Morey wanted someone with more experience then Patterson who is in his third year to help lead the team and get depth for SF position since they were solid on who they had back there.