1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson vs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 16, 2012.

?

Do you NOW think that we should've kept Jordan Hill?

1. Yes- at least he can rebound

63 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No- Patrick is a beast

120 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Btw, even your poll options are biased. Why does Pat have to be a beast to be better than Hill? :confused:

2. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

You can tell when someone doesn't complete the thought on their thread title that they don't think it's all that good of a thread and people won't read it unless you tease them and leave out the last part.

I like Pat ... but not how he's been playing over the past week or two. I want the Pat that can knock down the open shot, who is obviously working on his post game, and who hustles ... haven't seen that guy in a while.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If pat looked different people wouldn't cut him as much slack, he looks the part of a beast, but he isn't one.

He sucks at everything right now.

Terrible rebounder, no post offense, bad finisher, doesn't block shots, and he's not even making the mid range iumpers consistenly. He's only a slightly better rebounder than Bud and Parsons right now.

He's better than hill, but only because Hill is so awful, patterson should be on the bench right now, becasue he's simply not an effective player. Scola has played like crap the last couple of games too, but he's looked like Duncan compared to PP.

3.3 rebounds per game over his last 20, are you freaking kidding me. 5.1 per 36. Over that same stretch, shooting 38% from the field.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Just checked his adjusted plus minus.

- 9.71 this year, he's actually fallen below hill, I didn't think that was possible. Dead last. His 2 year number of -6.71 is also the worst of the current rockets.

This guy really sucks. I've been cutting him slack all year, whether its' the injury or not he's hurting the team and shouldn't be playing. Work on this crap in the offseason.

5. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

This. I liked Hill a little better, but I'd rather have Patterson+a pick than Hill+Patterson (and we don't know what he'd be worth to other teams at all)

6. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I always said hill was playing out of position at the 5 just because he was tall. He is really a PF and very effective at that position. Just like Chuck Hayes. PF's being judged for their ability to bang and rebound with true centers. That's like getting mad if chandler parsons can't guard Tim Duncan.

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

Don't judge a guy in his second season after a surgery.

He has been a pretty solid player at times.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the only thing that people see are stats...

I've said this many many many times.. Stats don't tell the entire story...

T_Man

9. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

Zan Tabak > Patterson

Earl Curten >Patterson

Pete Chilcutt > Patterson

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You guys think that fine he got somehow affected him?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is my thought exactly.

Patterson is not a beast. But I still prefer him over Hill because I believe he has a much better chance of becoming a good player than Hill does.

12. ACL1

ACL1 Member

its been close to 6 months. bone chip removal form ankle does not need this much recovery . if anything he should be running and jumping better by now.

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yes it does....

If you look at most of the guys in the past who have had any type of surgery it takes them at least 1 to 2 years to get back to form...

On top of that he's playing in a accelerated schedule.. Give them man some time before you decide to crucify him.

T_Man

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think featuring him in the post as one of the go to play at crunch time affects his confidence.

15. HombreDeHierro

The surgery he had was not to repair a structural damage.

It was to remove a loose piece. Stup apologizing for Patterson. He had MINOR SURGERY which is NOT SERIOUS

HE SUCKS PLAIN AND SIMPLE

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He sucks but no where near the level of Jordan Hill suckage. Hill hasnt even logged 3 mins in LA.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why are polls always the most extreme choices??

Yes, Patrick Patterson is better, no he is not a beast!!

18. Dei

Dei Member

You're an idiot. Anybody who has this opinion is an idiot. Anybody who voted that Hill is better is an idiot.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Last year I thought Patterson played much better than Hill. He didn't have any low post game, but he seemed to give a better effort, and seemed to understand the game better than Hill. I was very high on Patterson, but at this point, I have about given up on Patterson being a quality PF in the near future.

Watching Morris play last night he looked too small to play PF, he just isn't very big. At this point I've got my fingers crossed that Donatas Motiejūnas will be with us next year and that he will at least be decent backup to Scola. Right now we have nothing playing behind Scola. I wish we still had Adrien on the team, at least he wasn't afraid to mix it up with the big boys under the basket.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This is 'in hindsight'.

I hope Patrick proves me wrong, I love it when his jumper is falling. But when it's not falling and he's not rebounding and not playing defence and not finishing breaks, he is costing us dearly out there on the court.

But if he is not over his injury, or what ever, get over it or sit...this is the NBA! Marcus Camby is playing with one hand for goodness sake!