1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley=Unsung hero

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Nov 28, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

We are 5-1 since his return. The grit and determination has paid off already. His offensive numbers aren't anything special since coming back, but he still does all the intangibles better than anybody (rebound, defend, hustle etc..). There are clearly more talented players at his position, but I think his aggressiveness has helped us more than anything. When it comes down to a dogfight there is nobody else I want in the NBA but this guy. Some here focus on what he doesn't do well, let's give credit to him giving the team some much needed toughness and grit. Love this guy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jevjnd, 34to11, LCAhmed and 10 others like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yep. He is the vocal leader of this team. His heart, energy and hustle is infectious not to forget some of the key rebounds he just grabs out there despite being the smallest guy on the court on many occassions.

He is also one of the few on the roster with championship pedigree having been a Taco Bell Pollo Loco All Star Skills contest CHAMPION,

[​IMG]

htwnbandit, Houtho, da_juice and 6 others like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Who was it that was telling me Beverley sucks and he's a BAD defender? Good defender, good shooter, and those are nowhere near his best qualities. Knew this guy would make a nice impact on the team, Gordon is in a perfect role now too. We need more Beverleys.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

I kinda agree. Although we already have another Beverley in Montrez. I wanna see these 2 on the court together

Houtho, macho GRANDE and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping Harrell continues to develop. The attitude is definitely there, but he's not beaten out Dekker at the 4 unfortunately.

We need guys like that. Guys willing to confront superstars like they're nothing, push, shove, dive, elbow, hurt screeners, get in people's head. You can't trot out 8-9 nice guys and expect to win.

dragonwill, macho GRANDE and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Yep. The way Dekker's playing it's tough to disagree. But given the match up or when Nene sits a game, I think Trez & Bev could do some serious damage. It's nice to have guys that refuse to back down

dragonwill, macho GRANDE and hakeem94 like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone notice MDA has changed Harden's rest schedule now that Pat is back? He sits at the 10 minute mark of 1st and 3rd now. Much better spacing of rest and Gordon's minutes.

I always thought playing entire quarters was crazy

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

McHale was not using him correctly at all. The role he was forced to play under McHale eroded his value. His defense and effort is back to normal.

On offense he's showing me something I didn't know he had. The ability to push the tempo and move the ball as soon as possible.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  9. valorita

valorita Member

Bev's sheer will makes our team better.

This is a guy who won the nba skills challenge based on huffort, LOL.

On a side note, I think that this team is an elite PF away from being in the SA, Clips level.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Beverley = Vernon

Patrick is a half-notch less talented overall, but the leadership is there. Patrick shoots the 3PT much better and Maxwell never made All-Defense..

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, this is much better.

12. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

It always blows my mind when fans post here stuff like, "another garbage game from Beverley! 0-5 from the floor. Can't hit a damn shot!! Trade him asap!!" Like are those people watching the game? Last night was proof that even when his shot isn't falling, he's such a valuable piece due to his relentless defense, tenacious effort on rebounding, and general knowledge of the game. Love that man.

Edit: And I'm not saying that anyone has said that in this thread, but it still was happening so frequently last year that people would spout off stuff like that even though he was one of the few that gave a damn every single game.

MorningZippo, hakeem94 and Mathloom like this.
  13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Been saying this for years but most of y'all are ignorant

14. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

You can't teach heart and Beverly has that. He might score as much as others but I feel comfortable with him on the court

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Welcome back Bev!

16. hvic

hvic Member

alot of houston sports fans are stubborn.

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

MDA utilizing Bev in ways rotation wise maximizing his value big time. That Death Lineup at the end of the Blazers game with Ariza/Bev on the floor with Capela wow

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I wish we could go back and play some of our games again from earlier in the season. Specifically, I think the games against Cleveland and the 2nd San Antonio game go completely differently if we had a healthy Beverley.

dragonwill, PhiSlamma15 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. hakeemthagreat

Vernon was a freak athletically and more of a traditional SG. Bev's not anywhere near the athlete Vernon was, or shot creator, but he shoots better from 3 and runs the offense. His style of play reminds me more of Mario Elie

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

• LAST @POR, 11/27 :1 PTS, 3 REB, 4 AST
    should had wait until he score 2 points at least before you praises him