1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Patio Cover Contractor & Cost

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DJNICK, Jan 21, 2015.

1. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

Anyone have any recommendations for a good patio contractor. I'm looking to remove my existing 12x12 concrete slab and poor a new 13x25 slab. I would also like to add a wood cover with shingles. The actual cover would only be 13x20 and attached to my existing roof. Is a budget of $8000 enough for this project?

2. HoustonCH73

HoustonCH73 Member

Matt's Decks in Cypress has been great for several neighbors. Also Aquascapes pool company did mine when they installed my pool. Its beautiful and wish we would have done it years ago.

1 person likes this.
  3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm also interested in this if anyone has any additional recommendations. I've only looked briefly online, and was thinking of an $8K budget as well.

4. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

What about aluminum cover with shingles?
    We recently got this...
    It looks like its part of the house and was there from the very beginning and not an add-on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

That looks excellent. Who did you use and what was their price per square foot if you don't mind me asking?

6. aeroman10

We used A Afordable Aluminum
    http://www.aaffordablealuminum.com/

I am not exactly sure how much it was per sqft. Total price was $5360 for approximately 216 sqft. This total included all labor, posts, shingles, gutters, and ceiling fan wiring and mounting.

We already had the concrete slab so didn't have to pay for that.

If you do go with them or any other contractor and have a sloped roof like ours in the picture make sure to ask the contractor to slope the patio roof as much as possible so it matches your current structure. Our HOA asked for that and I thought they were just being difficult but now I am glad that they did otherwise the cover would not have looked like its part of the house.

1 person likes this.
  7. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

Will give them a call. Thanks! Repped! :grin:

8. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The concrete work should cost anywhere from $3000-$4000. That would include removal of the original slab and the installation of the new one. Cost also really fluctuates with the grade of concrete you wish to use, and depending on the slope and soil type at which it would be laid upon.

I'm currently building a similarly sized Patio and the cost of Labor/Materials is going to be between $5k-$6.5k for the structure alone. That's with seamless tie in with the existing 10x10 original patio, as well as mimicking the opposite end to match the original side. Adding additional electrical outlets, as well as a crawl space within the structures ceiling for pool supply storage.

Our customer had a new pool installed and had them pour the new patio slab ahead of time for us to keep costs down, considering they were already there to do the work, they got a great deal.

Is the original patio slab in poor shape? If not, any good concrete company can simply extend it to the dimensions you're seeking.

My company doesn't do concrete work ourselves, we sub contract that out.

What area are you located in?

For $8k you can get it done so long as the patio structure isn't very intricate, and they company doesn't sub contract work. Can't get a great deal if you're paying a guy to pay a guy.

9. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

I'm located in Copperfield. The original slab is in good shape, but I wanted to tear it out to make the patio look seamless. I want a simple design with shingles and paint to match the house (HOA requirement). Also need it wired for 2-4 can lights and a ceiling fan.

10. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Yeah, You're way west of our territory. Really don't have any connections out that way that could help.

If the slab is still in great shape, a steam pressure washer with a floor surfacer would be able to bring it back to nearly new looking. Since the slab is so big you'll have expansion joints anyway, would be fairly easy to blend it all in.

Wish I could have been more helpful.

1 person likes this.
  11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

That looks good. I want to do something like this for my mom's house and I don't want to break the bank. Does this hold up under weather? Deed restricted neighborhood yard nazis?

And can these be made to cover the entire patio?

12. aeroman10

We were told this is designed to withstand a Cat 3 hurricane...i believe and its more durable than wood.

They can cover whatever area you want. The reason we had to cut it a little short is because of the utility easement that starts right at the end of the slab.

This contractor will do whatever is necessary to comply with HOA. We had to add shingles and increase the roof slope