1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pathetic William Hung to sing and meet Yao:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Val, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Val

Val Member

Pathetic!

William to meet Yao Ming & perform at NBA L.A. Lakers Vs. Houston Rockets Game This Sunday!

Williamhung.net

This guy is a disgrace to all Asians and if I were Asian, I'd be pissed that the media is making fun of him at his own expense. Do you think the media would make fun of him if he were black or white? If he were black, it would be construed as racism, and if he were white, it'd be construed as nothing.

2. ymc

ymc Member

I watched him at the Rox at Warriors game on 4/6. He performed better than the Rox because people had a better time watching him than watching the Rox played. Isn't singing and pro basketball are both entertainment such that audience can have a good time?

3. titaniumws

titaniumws Member

is that guy a millionaire yet?

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wish I got made fun of like that. At least I would have a lot of money.

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

this will probably go into D&D, but ive simply stopped associating with people of the same race. society may do it, but that's not something i can change. Truth is, he became famous from his popularity on the internet, from people who laughed at him, and the production companies took advantage of this. Its a sad state, but keep in mind that one of the first steps for minority groups to become more accepted in the US are these type of acts. just look at fat albert.

second, i don't think you should see Asians as a group that can be defined by our celebrities. America is about individuality, and as much as everyone wants to form groups, i am staunchly against this habit if you want to define yourself on your own terms.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

geez. That deuche is going to ruin our halftime show. What a load of crap.

I am so sick and tired of this moron. I call him a moron, not because I am descriminating at his aparently slowness. BUT because of his singing. It is aweful, if it can eve be called singing.

7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

That's the Irony of it All

On one side you have Yao Ming - great role model and respectable figurehead.

Then you have William Hung - the greatest disgrace known to mankind.

oh, the HORROR!!!!

:D

theSAGE

8. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

OMG. I Can't believe this crap is going to happen. Yikes! Don't even mention Yao and Hung in the same sentence!

9. Astro101

Astro101 Member

*avoids sexual joke*

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Who the hell is William Hung? I'm asian, born and raised in Htown. Maybe cause I've been living in France for a while, but, is this guy like a new performer or something?

11. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

William Hung "bangs" like a stud !

:D :D :D :D

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

okay, I've just taken a gander at that website.

My thoughts in order:

This guy looks like the r****ded kid from "Life Goes On".

Is this guy r****ded?

Is he a singer? Let's click on the video links.

Oh God he is a singer! And he's terrible!

Did the news just call him a "pop icon"?

He sounds r****ded.

What, he's an engineering student?

So why is he popular?

Are people making fun of his because he has a sounds r****ded or asian when he sings?

Some people actually genuinely like him because he's trying hard?

Whatever.

This is just messed up.

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

American Idol contestant, he was bad and stupid enough that people find him funny as a novelty act.

14. Buzz1023

Buzz1023 Member

That's kinda hard to do when there aren't any Asian-American celebrities to begin with. :D
    This is off topic but I find this article interesting and enlightening:

15. Buzz1023

Buzz1023 Member

16. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

I'm asian but I dont follow this guy. I'm not interest in him so I dont know much about his details. Here's my opinion.

I used to feel the same way as u r but I changed my mind later on. The critical point is "Does william hung know that people is making fun of him"? If no, he's stupid and pathetic. But I think he's 100% knowing that people is making fun of him. It doesnt have to be a genius to know that (he studies in UCLA?) or his friends and relatives could easily tell him. Then why does he still do it? I think it's because he likes to do it, maybe becasue the chance to sing or make money or get the attention or whatever reasons. It just shows that his EQ is very high. He knows how to handle the tough situation and serve his ultimate purpose. When people laughing at him or taking advantage of him, maybe hung's also laughing at them and taking advantage of them at the same time. We will see who's going to get the last laugh. A lot of people easily give up their goals or missions, do they earn their rights to laugh at hung?

Yao is making his living by putting on a show. Hung is also making his living by putting on a "show". :D

17. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I dunno about you but I think he's funny as hell. He's like the asian Erkel or Screech. Hahaha.

All people that entertained and made alot of money in the process.

18. Summer Song Giver

I dunno, maybe we need to make the guy mascot, it seems to affected Yao in only a positive way :)

19. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

thats what I'm wondering!

20. Asian Sensation

" Good for you William.... Good for you! " - Paula Abdul