1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Mahomes, the savior.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've been burned enough by my own opinions on QBs to know that my own opinion doesn't mean squat. That said, I'm not 100%, or 90% or even 50% sold on Mahomes. He is a high risk, high reward potential pick.

But if the Texans somehow end up with him I will of course be jazzed. More jazzed than I w that signing from the get go just based off what I saw as a potentially solid QB but with limited upside. I will certainly hold onto all the positives we keep hearing.

Regarding these videos... kind of tired seeing these clips of QB prospects doing drops and passes with nobody out there. There is no time ever in a game that will happen, obviously. Not sure what the point is. I mean I get that you want to be sure the kid can at a minimum make throws... one would assume the tape you have on that kind of speaks to that. Do these guys ever practice against a full defense out there?? Not necessarily going 100%, certainly not hitting but an attempt to actually simulate actual game play with NFL speed?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. Marteen

Marteen Member

I almost want him to be picked up before the Texans pick. You can't blame the Texans for passing on him or picking him if you never had a chance.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

Marteen likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he isn't falling to Texans, gonna have to trade up if they want him

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

Someone is going to roll the dice and take him very high on the 5-10% chance he becomes a Hall of Famer.

11. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

If you think there is a 1 in 10 Chance he becomes a hall of famer, you take him first overall.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. JayZ750

I still don't understand the point of these drills.
    Are any of the top 5 to 10 QB prospects going to look bad doing these drills?
    There will obviously be differences, etc. and I'm sure pro scouts can tell even more from these minor differences, but it still seems kind of pointless.

I guess we can feel good about Mahomes arm strength... though I think we already could at that.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No but you got to see Watson's arm strength which is not good at all. He was clocked at 49 MPH on his throws on his pro day which is awful

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

what are the chances 3 QB will be selected in the 1st round before Texan's pick?

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not likely.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

NFL Network's Mike Mayock was complimentary on the whole when it came to the pro day showing of Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes.

"The big-arm throws that most quarterbacks don't like to make: 20-yard comeback, cover-2, throw in between the corner and the safety -- he threw both of those beautifully," Mayock said, adding that "[t]he deep, outbreaking routes where you really got to drive it, he was outstanding." No surprise to us on that front, as Mahomes tosses perhaps the best deep ball in the entire 2017 class. Not all was sunshine and gumdrops, though, with Mayock noting that at times, Mahomes appeared to be focusing too much on technique and footwork, leading to a lack of drive on some of his 68 throws. The fact that Mahomes has shown a clear effort to improve his throwing technique and footwork probably matters more than the fact that those aspects of his game are not quite as developed yet. Mayock floats the Saints and Cardinals as two NFL outfits which (due to veteran starters Drew Brees and Carson Palmer) could serve as nice fits for the Texas Tech gunslinger.
    Source

18. JayZ750

Seems like a win win. If the QB they really want is there or doesn't cost much to move up to get, they can do that.
    If not, because lots of QBs have been taken, pushes more non-QB talent down to their pick.
    Win, win.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

Allbright doesn't think he makes it to the 13th pick.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Teddy Bridgewater did.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.