1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Mahomes, the savior.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Watt in round 2 would be a steal. But I'm not a fan of mahomes.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Will probably trade the pic away for a punter.

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

God, I can't stand McClain. The man has accumulated enough fat to put a bear into hibernation.

Mahomes in the second round would be my dream scenario, but yeah, not sure if he falls there.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Man, Watson's numbers look terrible. Even stacked up against previous years' participants.

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That explains why Watson threw his fair amount of picks. He might have to be an Alex smith type

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dak Prescott had 54

FEDEXROCKETS13 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not quite as sturdy as Alex smith though

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

51 for Trubisky? He's supposed to be the most NFL ready QB in the group.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Him and Tyrod I think had shoulder injuries when they threw

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lot of people on twitter noted that during his pro day, his WRs had to wait for the ball to arrive to them on his throws

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Someone will probably still reach on him though. The "just winz" is strong with him.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

No thanks on Watson. I liked him in college, but that arm strength is a deal breaker unless he manages epic accuracy.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Is Mahomes this years guy that gets drafted 2 rounds higher than he should have because he's a QB??

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This is why people can't stand you. Stop acting like you know everything. Mahomes is going in the first.. I had him going in the second but have been pushing for the Texans to grab him at 25 from the jump.

Bobby exposing himself with posts like this. #youdontknow

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Picking a QB for the NFL is such a hard thing to do. Basically it's like buying a lottery ticket each year.

You have to play to win though, and the franchise will keep spinning its wheels until it can find a young QB that they can build around.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's been better lately, but your point is not off base in the least, to be honest.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Of the quarterbacks in the draft, there's only three that I can see O'Brien realistically liking.

Trubisky
    Mahomes
    Webb

They have the size (though they're not tall) and arguably (in Trubisky's case) the arm. The have mobility, and I believe they have the football IQ, though you can argue that to death.

Now, there's no way we get Trubisky, barring some Herculean fall. I've seen some mocks with him falling to us at 25 recently, so it's not inconceivable, but highly unlikely. We won't get Trubisky.

Webb is interesting. He's got good size and a good arm and some decent mobility. Honestly, I like him better than Jared Goff. Seeing Webb makes me wonder how Goff got taken number one overall. Webb is that classic guy that shouldn't go until the mid-second, at least, but will probably go end of the first or early second to a needy team. If he's there in the second, and we go elsewhere in the first, he's the guy we should get.

That brings me to the guy that beat Webb out in college, causing him to transfer. Pat Mahomes. The guy is your prototypical NFL dream quarterback. Except for his height and the system he came from. He's already shown an improvement in footwork in a short time. The kid of a professional athlete, which cannot be overstated, he knows what it takes. He showed that with footwork improvement. He knows that's his biggest flaw. Exemplary off field character, which McNair will love. Rocket arm. Excellent feet. Very coachable. From Texas. He's the guy. I'm straight up telling you, without having any sources, all signs, bright as Las Vegas Blvd, point to the Texans drooling over this guy. Honestly, if they have to trade up five spots to get him, I think they will. They shouldn't have to, though.

Say what you want about the guy, but I hope he's the Texans first pick. He has a chance to be Brett Favre. He's also got the chance to be Colin Kaepernick. That's a risk we've got to take.

In the second round, I'd look for John Simon's replacement, and I'd hope to God TJ Watt falls.

Honestly, I'll be disappointed if we don't end up with Mahomes.

18. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Scarlett seems like the Simon replacement. Not sure they'll add a pass rusher early unless the guy is head and shoulders above everyone else available at the time.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be disappointed if we don't end up with him too! You hit the nail on the head when you said he has a chance to be Brett Favre or Colin Kaepernick, and it's a risk i would like to see us take. Teams don't end up with a Brett Favre or Tom Brady without taking that kind of risk. If he doesn't pan out then we try again next year, and add to the competition with another rookie to develop like the Jets are doing with Petty and Hackenberg. Anyone who says he reminds them of Brett Favre with his arm makes me want to give the kid a shot, especially since he is from Texas.

#399 deb4rockets, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    raining threes likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty funny coming from you kiddo given that this time last year you were hyping up Bryce Petty.... Anyway, I never said that someone wasn't going to reach on him, I just said that I personally wouldn't. All it takes is one team to let their desperation blind them and he could be the first pick in the draft for all we know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.