1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Dwight is leaving Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Apr 26, 2016.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Marcus Smart would actually be perfect on this team. I think we need to surround Harden with players with one or both of these qualifications. 1) Shooting 2) incredible defense. I think Kevin Durant would be great as another ballhandler, negating the need for a true PG a little bit but not completely, I'd rather seek out a player at the 1 that is a top defender of the position regardless of shooting or playmaking (even though these guys are positive at at least one of the two). Teague, Conley, Smart and Rubio should be our targets at the 1.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ICYMI, Dwight Howard dismisses Chandler Parsons' comments about teaming up again <a href="https://t.co/PDclCgesnU">https://t.co/PDclCgesnU</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron">@houstonchron</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/725336188861607937">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

wait - so you're now telling me the problem stems from a player that has an extended track record of creating problems on his teams (multiple) instead of the player that has an extended track record of playing well with others, making the playoffs and improving every year save one?????

hate when the damn facts get in the way of a good narrative against a player

and J.R. - that espn article should definitely be its own thread. Great stuff.

1 person likes this.
  4. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

At this point, I wouldn't mind trading Dwight for a 2nd round pick. Just get this guy off of our roster with his overblown salary, so that we can rebuild our team again by acquiring other decent players.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Howard just comes off as passive aggressive and I can see how it rubs people the wrong way. He always talks about wanting the ball more, but backs down on the court and doesn't demand it.

Harden has no problem banging the ball inside to players, look at how much he passes to Beasley in these games and how much he tries to lob passes into Dmo in the post. Dwight is just weirdly pussyfooting and people hate playing with indecisive half assness like that.

1 person likes this.
  6. Victorious

Victorious Member

Has there been any other season with so many rumors and reports on the rockets, off the court? I find myself being in denial and refusing to believe any of the negative stuff lol

7. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

I was quite shocked to find out that even Dwight's Orlando teammates had some harsh words to say about him. It seems like there isn't a period where Dwight was respected by his peers, including his prime.

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It's easy for reporters to write pieces about locker room troubles when things are obviously not going well. While my skepticism is partly based in denial, it's also based on the fact that I really don't respect 90% of the writers that have put out said articles.

As for this particular case, I really hope that the Mavericks do sign Dwight and Parsons to max contracts. That would cement them as a team headed nowhere. It would take a series of extreme flukes for a team headlined by those 2 to make any noise. And since the direction of the Rockets going forward is so unknown, seeing a team I hate destroy themselves is pretty much the only basketball-related happiness I can hope for at the moment.

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

What a soft dummy. Cant believe Rockets wasted 3 years with this guy

10. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Please go to Mavericks, Dwight. Screw them up for good.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]...

Howard didn’t want to discuss his free agency situation after Wednesday’s affair, but there’s not a lot he could have said that would have convinced anyone he’s eager to return. He will consider all options, to be sure, including the once-unthinkable option of returning to Orlando that seemed so inconceivable when he forced his way out of town back in 2012.

The irony is thick with the particular option. While he is well aware of how another exodus could affect his reputation, going back “home” could be just the kind of choice that helps him avoid that backlash.

“I basically grew up in Orlando,” Howard told USA TODAY Sports during that March 17 visit. “I was a young man who was 18, and I grew up in Orlando, so it really just - that kind of stuff hurt.

“To this day man, Orlando has always been special to me. Each city, the city grows on me so much because, like I said, I'm a people person and I'm always out in the community. I start to develop relationships, even with people at the smallest places. The Waffle House, stuff like that ... When you leave, it's like anything. You're like, 'I miss this,' and 'I miss that.' And Orlando was a place that I think about all the time. I basically grew up there, and I had so many friends there and stuff like that. I just hate how the situation happened, just the way that it was perceived. I totally hated that.”

There will be plenty of other options, to be sure. The Portland Trail Blazers desperately need a high-level big man, and his hometown Atlanta Hawks could be in the market if fellow free-agent-to-be Al Horford heads elsewhere. One of Howard’s favorite former assistant coaches from Orlando, Steve Clifford, has quickly evolved into one of the league’s top head coaches in Charlotte. Options abound.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-season-dwight-howard-james-harden/83638540/[/rQUOTEr]

12. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

same here.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's what i was talking about few days ago, Magic have space to offer a couple of max contracts and they want to attract big names to make the playoffs again, Parsons and Dwight to Orlando makes a ton of sense.

14. hvic

hvic Member

Attention w**** parson

15. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

Careful what you wish for. If Howard starts winning in Dallas I fear the first thing you may do is go buy some rope.

16. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Possibility of that happening is near zero.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am wondering if the Kings trade away Cousins, to help fill the void, if they would look at Dwight Howard in free agency. They have that new arena to hype and having a "name player" would be important for them.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

the one time i can root for parsons to succeed after he left the Rockets... actually, no **** that guy. I hope Dwight goes to the East.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He's right, and Dallas is definitely looking to bolster the C spot.