1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parks And Recreation (Season 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Okay so I looked through the various comments about P&R through the community thread and the office thread but DAMMIT P&R with that 2nd episode officially earned it's own thread.

So many CLASSIC one liners, and I LOVED the fact that a larger percentage of the show was dedicated to showcasing Aziz Ansari (Tom Haverford) as well Ron "F'n" Swanson. Lord all mighty, I hope they keep her (Poehler) toned down and out of the way like they did in the 2nd episode because Swanson and Haverford can run the show themselves, along with the young intern girl. And Louis CK as the cop was GOLD. I loved how they finally touched on why Aziz's name is Tom Haverford, and here's some of my favorite one liners from the episode:

April: AIDS?
    Ron: No, I’m safe.
    April: Blindness?
    Ron: No.
    April: Is it like a parasite or a virus or something you get from a bee?
    Ron: I have a hernia.
    April: Do you have syphilis?
    Ron: I said it’s a hernia.
    April: I know. It’s possible to have two things.

Andy: The worst part is keeping my suit pressed.... and the rats.

Amy Poehler & Ansari discussing the garden, where Amy asks him to be the "nature expert":

Aziz: I call them what they are, and then for scientific names I give them rapper names.

Aziz: Tomatoes, or Soulja Boy Tell 'Ems.
    Aziz: Those are some diddies. Those are some Bone Thugs-N-Harmoniums, right here.
    Leslie(Amy): Growing beautifully.
    Tom: Those Ludacrises are coming in great.

Tom: What’s the crime here? Parking while Indian?
    Dave: No, there’s no stereotypes about Indians sitting in vehicles.
    Tom: Nice job, Paul Blart! Why don’t you head back to the mall, make sure nobody’s breaking into Lady Footlocker.

(After Aziz explains why his name is Tom haverford, and how he had a muslim name before but couldn't make it in politics with that name, cuz it was strange, hard to pronounce, etc)

Tom: My birth name is Darwish Zabir Ishmael Ghanni. Then I changed it to Tom Haverford because, you know, brown guys with funny sounding Muslim names don’t make it really far in politics.
    Leslie: What about Barack Obama?
    Tom: Well if I knew a guy named Barack Obama would be the freakin president I wouldn't have changed it.

Cop: Sir, please step outta the van.
    Aziz: I'll step outta your mom's van!

Cop: This is a police matter.
    Leslie: Well it doesn’t seem to matter… to the police!

Intern: Are you ready?
    Ron: I'm Ron "F***n" Swanson. I was born ready.

[​IMG]

Amy:So where are you from originally?
    Aziz: I was born in South Carolina.
    Amy: And before that you came from...
    Aziz: ...My mother's uterus.

Andy: I'm supposed to have a rock fight with this crazy guy... he's like 20 minutes late, alright, lets do it.

Amy:Hos before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries.

Tom(aziz): Brendanawicz is the man. This is Brendanawicz’s life. Hot chick from the newspaper (thrust). hot chick from the post office (thrust). Hot chick from the hospital (thrust).

Tom: Ann-danawicz. What are you guys doing? Eatin’? Love it. Oh hey, just wanted to thank you for having me arrested as a pervert the other night. That was cool. Peace.

Mark my words, we can only go upward from here. Love it.

Here's a great fansite: http://www.knopeknows.com/

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They got a second season? :confused:

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

This show has grown on me, but I fear it won't make it through the second season.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I laughed pretty hard when Andy saw that Amy and Aziz were next to the van and they told him to stay. Then hes like I can't because me and this homeless guy were supposed to have a rock fight...but hes late, so what the hell.

good stuff.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So far this season it has been the funniest show on tv, even better than The Office imo. Ron Swanson is gonna be a legend

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Ron Swanson had the biggest LOLs with the least acting, brilliant

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Never heard of this show, but those quotes above are lol! What day does this come on, and what channel?

Never mind, I forgot that I know how to Google.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

the show sucked first season, but it was always trending upward. And this season has been great so far

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Second season has been great. I just wish the first season had been too a lot more people would be watching.

No one wants to give this show a second chance. It might get the Axe...

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I've watched this show since day 1. The Indian guy & Ron Swanson are the funniest characters. It's really picking up steam now..

I have also had a crush on Quincy Jones' daughter since her Office days. She went to school with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie and even rode on the same bus as them, but comes off as down to earth.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I thought the first season showed good enough promise and the second season is fantastic so far. Hopefully an audience is picking up on this

1 person likes this.
  12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Pretty decent episode tonight. Aziz stealing the show, again. I didn't think any of the eps last year really pulled it together, but this year has been very solid, including last week's episode which was an instant classic. Hope they keep it up. They seem to have found their groove.

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I finally caught an episode of this tonight, and I have to say it was pretty funny.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

It's getting better for sure.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

April at the start of the beauty pageant was priceless.

Tom: Whoa, the girls from Talent and Poise are gonna be there?
    Leslie: What?
    Tom: Talent and Poise. It’s a strip club by the VA hospital. I have some meetings there.
    Leslie: That’s disgusting.
    Tom: No. What’s disgusting is the Glitter Factory. Do not go to the Glitter Factory.

Tom: I had to call in a few favors. But if you don’t call in favors to look at women in bikinis and assign them numerical grades, what the hell do you call in favors for?

April: Hello, I’m April Ludgate.......... I’m 20 years old.............. I like people, places and things. And Pawnee is my favorite place in the world.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

better than the office tonight

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

plus her car show model arm movements, great stuff! Getting better and better.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Have you seen the last episode of the first season? If not , you should check it out, possibly the funniest episode imo

THe only disappointing thing about this episode was that there was no Ron Swanson, other than that, very good. April and Andy are also becoming quite good characters.

19. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Thank you for letting Aziz show his talents. This show is getting better with each episode. Thursdays on NBC are finally nearing Must See TV status again.

20. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Jessica Wiggs, Miss Pawnee, 1994

"I made Jessica..." there's so much subtext on her face, freaking brilliant