1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking For the Games

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CJLarson, Sep 16, 2013.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Well, I got free tickets to the game tomorrow and along with a couple of friends I'll be taking my girlfriend too. She had her leg amputated earlier in the year and she's still trying to learn how to walk with the prosthetic leg. If she's on it for a while, it begins to hurt her knee.

I was just wondering what was the best available parking option would be and if there were any free spots for those with a handicap placard by any chance?

Thanks guys in advance.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I parked for free showing up super early to a game last year (gates were closed but I drove up over the sidewalk where there was no curb, shhh), though the gates were open at one lot earlier in the day with no security. There were lots right next to it that we couldn't figure out if they were free or needed to pay for, and ultimately avoided.

I imagine there would be no special free parking (other than easier access to typically free parking due to handicapped spots being available).

Best course of action is probably just to drop her and your friends at the gate and then go park.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This. Of course, you can probably just park close enough to where it won't be a big deal either way.

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Cool, thanks guys. It's been a while since I've been to a game, they do have an elevator to use don't they?

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Call the Astros and ask. My guess is they'll do something for you.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Yes, there is at least one elevator.

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Well she's not going anymore we got a puppy she's gonna take care of. But I'll still be going with friends. Whets the cheapest parking? Lol

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If you get there at 6, the meters downtown are free. You won't have any problem finding one within a few blocks of the ballpark that day.

HAVE FUN and GO 'STROS!

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yeah we planned on arriving early. Just not familiar with downtown parking.

10. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Larry Dierkers here in his bar "Larrys Big Bamboo" right behind section 118, if you're here.

11. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'm not a drinker at all lol we're pretty far from that though.