1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Park City, Utah

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by itzIce, Jan 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. itzIce

itzIce Member

Hey guys, since a number of you have traveled the world, I was wondering if any of you have went to Park City, Utah.

I am planning a ski trip in March and that is the destination on the top of my list. I was curious if anyone here has visited and if so what advice or recommendations do you have on where to stay and where to ski.

And of course, always looking for some money-saving tips, deals and packages (website specials?).

Your help is greatly appreciated!

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I've been there several times. My big advice as far as saving money is... good luck!

:D

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Sorry... actually, if you're just looking for a great ski resort in Utah I would go to Snowbird/Alta, which is in Little Cottonwood Canyon on the southeast side of Salt Lake City. It's absolutely one of the best ski resorts, if not THE best in the country.

Snowbird and Alta are actually seperate resorts, but you can get a pass to crossover into either one. It also depends a little on your skill-level.

If you're really stuck on Park City and you're a novice, you probably want to go to Park City Mountain Resort. I've heard their classes are pretty good.

If you're more experienced, you probably want to go to the Canyons.

Since you're trying to save money, forget Deer Valley. That place is ridiculously expensive. :D

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

but man, is it awesome....

5. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

go to deer valley, i went there when they were settin up for the olympics a couple years back..it was awesome

6. itzIce

itzIce Member

Thanks for the reply.....what hotel(s) did you stay at?

How is the nightlife and what restaurants were good?

7. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I went there for a vacation a couple weeks ago. We stayed at some condo that wasn't the nicest but was 133 a night. It was right by a bus stop too. The great thing about Park City is that the transit system goes everywhere that you need to go so you won't need a car. It was my first time skiing so I took the "first time" lesson at The Canyons which was 99 bucks and included EVERYTHING. It was a great deal.

As far as food, it is pretty pricy. There are two brewery type places that are great yet not too expensive. It's Squatters Grill and RedRock Brewery. For a fancy dinner, we ate at Cafe Terigo, which is located on Main Street. On that road, there are tons of restaurants to choose from.

8. Hayes44

Hayes44 Member

Most people rent condos. It's a pretty good way to do it.

Deer Valley is easily the best resort. Unless you're a snowboarder. Park City is okay and The Canyons is huge so it's a good way to spend the day.

9. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I absolutely echo everything said about the skiing in Alta and Snowbird. Do yourself a favor and check them out.

10. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I have skied Snowbird, Alta and Park City. The snow typically is very good everywhere around Salt Lake. More locals ski Snowbird and Alta. About 8 or 9 years ago, I was skiing at Alta in January and a freaking lightning storm rolled in. It was kind of spooky. They closed the chairs for about 1/2 an hour, so we just grabbed something to eat & skied the rest of the day.