1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale Panasonic TC-P65VT30

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by clutch citizen, May 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Hello, all!

We're selling our 65" Panasonic plasma tv. It's one of the best plasmas that exist as far as picture quality. In fact, it's usually used as a benchmark and reference for other plasmas' picture quality. The Kuro is still the best around, though.

The reason I'm selling is because we need a lighter TV for the motorized mount we bought. I'd rather not sell this TV and just buy the lighter tv additionally, but I need to save for our new baby's stuff.

65" Plasma HDTV
    3D ready (comes with a pair of 3D glasses)
    Remote
    Here's a review of this product line:

http://www.cnet.com/products/panasonic-tc-p65vt30/

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$2700
    buyer must pick TV up

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Too pricy. These tvs lose tremendous value by the month. There's already a 4d now.

3. clutch citizen

True, all TVs lose value by the month. 4K is here now, but it's still a little in the early adopter's phase with prices still being a bit too high for the average household. If you really meant 4D, that's even more in early adopter phase than 4K :grin:

This plasma series by Panasonic has a strong following still to this day by home theatre enthusiasts. It's regarded as one of the best plasmas ever made. The number of hours logged on a plasma is usually a concern with used panels. My Panny has been sitting at a friend's non-used media room while I've recently been between homes for about 6 months. The TV was never plugged in much less used. Before we moved, this Panny was not even our primary TV at the house, so it was seldom used at all anyway. I got this TV sometime in 2012 brand new.

If the price is a concern but you are interested, please feel free to email me through the board with your best offer. These TVs rarely hit the used market because they're usually kept, so the price point isn't non negotiable. However, based off of the limited resources I found for a used Panny like this, I believe I'm within range.

4. platypus

platypus Member

Is the motorized mount worth more than the TV? The reason I ask is because either way you are gonna take a loss on selling this TV. If i was you i'd just keep it. But it is a damn good TV though i can attest to that. (Relatives own 1)

1 person likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

The mount is not worth more than the tv, but it's not cheap either. My machismo says keep the tv, but I know it'll mess with the budget comfort. The TV is actually already mounted on the motorized mount. There's a 190 lb limit on the mount, and the Panny is 100 lbs I believe. However, there's a bit of a squeaky sound and some vibration on the mount's arms when lowering the tv. I'm sure it's fine, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for endorsement!

6. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

For what its worth, panasonic plasmas have excellent picture quality and they are cheaper than their equivalent sony or samsung alternatives.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think the TV is probably still worth around 2k on the market based on value alone. However, most people won't drop 2 grand on a used TV when 4Ks are dropping in price by the day.

That's a good TV though, good luck.

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Definitely agree

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've gotten used to taking a bath on reselling HDTVs. Sold my 46" plasma for $500 after 2 years. Sold my "40 LCD for $300. I'm just gonna hold on to my 50" and put it in the garage with my Apple TV and call it a shop.

It's the reason I bought a 4K TV last year. I'm not gonna buy another TV for at least another 6-7 years (fingers crossed).

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

As an owner of two Panny plasmas, it saddens me that they stopped making them. Good luck on the sale...that should go quickly on Craigs List, but I would lower the price to $2000-$2500

1 person likes this.
  11. clutch citizen

I still can't believe Panny has stopped making plasmas. PQ is amazing right out of the box but especially when it's calibrated.

I'm almost secretly ok if I have a hard time selling at this price point. That way, worst case scenario is that I get to keep it haha. You're right about the interest at that price range, though. I've gotten two offers from coworkers at $2500. Still not ready to settle just yet however.

Thanks for the advice and endorsements, all!