1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pallilo back soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, May 10, 2017.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just go to the 1560 site and listen in. The archived podcasts are there to and you can play them in the browser : https://audioboom.com/channels/4923693

Houstunna likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I always liked his shows. Perhaps he was a bit burnt out, but people were complaining as soon as he left, and rejoiced before they heard his newfound energy.

This is definitely a case of "not knowing what you have until it's gone".

3. Houstunna

Supporting Member

What's his thoughts on Harden's Game 6?

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Houstunna likes this.
  5. Shohoku79

Shohoku79 Contributing Member

Months ago I was shocked to learn that Charlie was on the way out of 790, he may seem monotonic at times, but I do appreciate the knowledge and professionalism he brings to his shows. After a long day in the office, I enjoy my drive home listening to a knowledgeable and level-headed host talk sports. That experience was totally ruined by his replacement.

I cannot listen to Josh Innis, period. I find that most of the time on the air, he spends time arguing with the callers and ridiculing Charlie's listeners (when his time slot first started), and the subjects he talked about are most of time, unrelated to sports. It's like he was hired to always pick a fight with anyone he comes into contact with. I don't expect every local talk show hosts to be Rockets homers (that job belongs to Bill Worrell), but to hear him constantly and blatantly badmouthing the local team is utterly ridiculous, especially when the station he is on is actually the Rockets' home on the airwaves. To paraphrase some of the notions used here, how does this guy still have a job talking on Houston radio?

My afternoon drive home was ruined, at least the morning was still tolerable with Koch/Kalu (they don't talk much Rockets, but at least I don't dislike listening to them), until one day I found out that they moved Innis to the morning. Great, now my morning drive is ruined instead. So my daily routine have became tuning into some other station in the morning, and tuning into 790 to listen to Astros play by play. Rinse and Repeat in the hopes that I never have to hear Innis talk, ever.

After Charlie took his hiatus, I constantly tried to search to see if he will ever make a come back elsewhere and was glad to find this bit of news, even if his current new time slot is during a time when I couldn't tune in. Hopefully, with more listeners, they would give him better time slots. Which means, I could probably hear him again in the future during my commutes.

TMac'n, Torn n Frayed and CometsWin like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Podcast is available for download by 2pm... well in advance of your drive home. Also, they edit out the commercials (which is still, by far, the worst thing about AM sports radio).

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this.....but here I go:

Since they air live pretty much at the same time: Between Pallilo and Matt Thomas, I'd rather listen to MT. MT is just more entertaining to listen to, and that's honestly why i listen: To be entertained and good sports discussion.

I have been listening to Pallilo's podcasts though

K mf G likes this.
  8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fair. I am really torn and frayed about who to listen to btw 12-1, switching bk n forth btw commercials.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Sadly, listeners have been calling into MT show today, bashing him about how Charlie is better sports talk

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I heard the one caller "you just spent the last 15 mins talking about Texas St FB and your son and if you think that's gonna cut it vs CP..but that's not why I called.." CLICK they hung up on the caller. And MT is coming bk from off season shoulder surgery on Monday, he's a grumpy gus today!

jae713 and TMac'n like this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Charlie is better sports talk. MT is better talk.

Listened to CP's new show last night and conclude he's not reenergized... posters are reenergized listening to him.

13. Fantasma Negro

Its the exact same show, we've just missed Charlie. I'm laughing at myself for being the lone defender of Josh Innes a few months ago. He proved me wrong almost immediately and his show is a complete cluster****. Its like the unfunny radio version of the Eric Andre show

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

At the Innes household, it's always time to deliver a pizza ball.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

It's fun listening to Braddock and Jones argue.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I love me some Matt Thomas, but when I want sports talk from a guy who knows sports, i'm going with Charlie. When I've heard enough of the same thing repeated over and over (like Texans talk on 610 in the morning... Jesus Christ), and want to listen to some dorky, I'm going with Matt (and Ross). Right now, I'm in a Charlie kinda mood after his hiatus. I actually heard some decent Rockets talk on his show today.

TMac'n and Torn n Frayed like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't "get" Matt Thomas. He seems likeable enough, but I'm not convinced he even cares about sports beyond needing to do it for his job. I think he'd be a million times happier doing a local Price is Right or something.

CometsWin likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

can someone give a recap or a specific day he mentioned game 6? 6 hours for a nugget is kinda tough.

19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

8/22/17 -- Hour 1 -- 15:15

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Good to see CP is back. Someone that actually talks sports and not movies etc. Adam Clanton and Fat Innes are the absolute worst

RasaqBoi likes this.