1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Padres Want Daryle Ward

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Oct 4, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

i'd trade Ward for Trevor Hoffman.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Umm thats nice that they want him but I dont want anyone on the Padres. If the Yankees come interested then thats when I will care. Ward is not getting traded to the padres.

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

4. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

How about:

PADRES GET:

Daryle Ward
    Tripp Cromer
    Roger Cedeno
    Julio Lugo (trade him to make room for Everett)
    Raul Chavez

ASTROS GET:
    Sterling Hitchcock
    Ryan Klesko (play him at 3rd and give Truby some seasoning)
    Woody Williams
    Ben Davis
    Minor Leaguer

------------------
    RKMAN

Proud believer of the 2001 World Champion Houston Astros.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We don't want to trade Lugo to make room for Everett. Lugo is 2nd base insurance right now. Biggio is (or about to be) 35 and coming off a very serious injury. In addition, Lugo can play CF if necessary. What makes you think Klesko can play 3rd? He played LF in Atlanta and 1B for the Padres. He has never played 3rd base in his major league career.

------------------

6. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

In my honest opinion, Adam Everett should be traded before Julio Lugo. Everett has proven he is an effective defensive shortstop, but where is the offense? Lugo committed more errors than what the management cared for, but you got to remember this was his first season in the majors. Give him a little more time. At the end of the season Lugo also began showing flashes of some serious offensive output that Everett would never be able to match. So lets put the Lugo trade talk to rest before it even begins to flare up.

------------------

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Agree crow. Lugo is a 5 tool player, and you don't trade those types of players.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I like Lugo, but 5 tools ??? I don't know bout that. I think he can do alot of things well, but he doesn't excel in anything. Does he have alot of power ? When I think 5 tools, I think Mondesi, Green, Alomar, etc....

------------------
    "Only Hakeem Olajuwon is a better athlete." Dick Versace, when referring to Antonio McDyess before the draft.