1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacquiao agrees to fight Tim Bradley on June 9 By Bob Velin, USA TODAY U

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CJLarson, Feb 7, 2012.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao has agreed to fight undefeated Timothy Bradley for Pacquiao's WBO welterweight title on June 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Top Rank chairman Bob Arum said Monday night.

"It's subject to us reaching the appropriate (financial) deal with Tim Bradley," said Arum, who said he would begin working on it Tuesday. "I'm very optimistic I'll get it done, but right now it's just not done."

Arum said Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs), who is also a first-term congressman in the Philippines, would be coming to Las Vegas for a 70th birthday celebration for Muhammad Ali on Feb. 18, and Arum said he hoped to seal the deal by then.

"I can plan to do the (press) tour with Manny and Bradley right after the 18th because I don't want Manny to come over here for (the Ali celebration) and then go back and bring him over again," Arum said. "It's a long trip so I'd like to knock it off while he's here. My goal is to get the thing done in the next few days."

Bradley, 28, is 28-0 with 12 KOs, and has said in the past he would love to fight Pacquiao. In his last fight, on the Nov. 12 Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez undercard, Bradley scored an eighth-round TKO victory against Joel Casamayor.

"I don't think there's a question (that Bradley wants to fight Pacquiao)," Arum said. "The question is reaching the right financial terms. I'm not saying it's going to be difficult or not, but it's unfair to (Bradley) because I haven't even started."

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tim is one shredded sob

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This could be an ugly, boring fight. But it's a fresh matchup like Cotto vs Floyd and probably Manny's toughest match up since his fight against Cotto.

4. Prince

Prince Member

this is real test for Manny. Tim is a quick fighter and elusive, smaller version of Floyd.

5. what

what Member

this is the kind of fighter that I wanted pac going against all along. going against Margarito was insane for pac.

6. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Obviously wish it was Mayweather, but out of Pac's other potential opponents glad it's Bradley

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Interesting fight. Floyd will surely be watching this. The Pacman versus an undefeated (just like Floyd)

8. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Tim, "the real deal", Bradley.

[​IMG]