1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Pablo Prigioni waived (keeping Tyler Ennis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by craguin, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd say Rockets choose to cut a PG instead of a big man. Of the PGs...the Rockets choose to cut Lin instead of Flynn.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It was a good move for Lin. Linsanity never happens without MDA coaching Lin when Melo got injured.

And then Les doesn't order Morey to sign Lin, and the poison pill never happens making Lin a ton of money

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Except they wouldn't be cutting Flynn, they would be waiving him. That's a massive difference.

And even if the Rockets did waive Flynn, Lin would be playing behind Dragic and Lowry, both clearly superior players even to this date.

I mean, it's basically asking Morey to hurt the team's cap flexibility in order to keep a 3rd string, undrafted PG who has not shown any flashes of potential in the past, who will likely never see the floor much because he will play behind 2 superior PGs.

4. hvic

hvic Member

Damn we really need Pablo now. Can we have a redo and waive ennis?

5. CertifiedTroll

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ennis is a turd

7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, Lin was cut in favor of a big man. But they could have cut Flynn instead of Lin. So at the end, it was still favoring Flynn over Lin while Flynn clearly was worse than Lin. (I know the reason why they cut Lin rather than Flynn was because Flynn's contract was guaranteed.)

But my point was, both Flynn and Lin were expected to be end-of-the-bench guy who wouldn't matter much. But the move turned out to cost the Rockets a lot.

Now people are saying that favoring Brown over Prig doesn't mean much because neither guy matters. But I think Prigioni is a better player than Brown. I would have understood if they kept Ennis over Prig because of his youth.

9. empiric

empiric Member

When I read the news on Prigioni being waived, my immediate thought was - hope we don't jinx it. Last time we allowed him go, we turned from the Western Conference finalist with an amazing chemistry to a me-first hardly playoff team. This time we turned from again amazing chemistry team during preseason to a team that seems to be lacking cohesion and winning mentality just one game after... I know it is only one game and agree it is a knee-jerk reaction, but... I really hope we didn't jinx it.

10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member