1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

P.J. Brown talks about the trade to Charlotte

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BobFinn*, Aug 3, 2000.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

"I Can't Cry Over This"
    This trade situation has been like a seesaw for me. I don't know, I have a little anxiety about it right now. I expected it to happen, but when it happened, wow. I feel OK, though. I'm going to a new situation. But I also have some relief now that the whole thing is over, like a bear has jumped off my back. I feel like I spread my wings a little bit. I'm glad that it's over. I don't have to hear anymore about all the trade talk, and all that kind of stuff. I'm kind of in the middle, in a gray area right now.

I'm happy that I'm going to Charlotte. Charlotte's not a bad place. It's a progressive town and it's a good team that I hope I can help to become a better team. I already know a couple of guys on the team, so that's a plus. It's like a New Jersey Nets reunion, with Paul Silas, assistant coach Jerry Eaves, David Wesley, Derrick Coleman. It feels like history repeating itself a little bit. We'll see if we can make it go a little bit better than it did in Jersey, though.

I talked to Paul on Tuesday night, the night of the trade, and asked where he saw me fitting in. He said, "PJ, I've got a lot of different things going through my head right now. I wanted you to be here, and I wouldn't have brought you here if you weren't going to play."

I'm going to just sit on my house in Miami for now, and I'll lease one in Charlotte for the first year. All this process, it's crazy, with the schools and everything. It's sort of like when I first came to Miami. It's an exciting time, man. I've been traded, but life goes on. I've still got a job. I can't cry over this.

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life."
    ---George Carlin