1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our young Rockets are clashing!!????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketboyz1, Jan 24, 2013.

1. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

I believe a trade is looming.....

Going back to what chandler said happened at the players only dinner, apparently they called eachother out and certain things others felt they were lacking or not doing enough of. And lin just said that they had trouble playing the same way the whole game and guys aren't running back consistently. I'm interested to know who was called out for what during dinner. If only...sigh.

Were in trouble guys:(

2. allaroundplayer

The Rockets have strong interest in Daniel Gibson.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/24/13/Trades-take-shape-as-NBA-deadline-nears-/msn_landing.html?blockID=854235&feedID=3725

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

WE ARE FINE. People need to get things settled, and it happens: If you want to know who is really clashing, go look at the Lake show. It was a brutal stretch and a lot of people are wearing down. Patience is a virtue.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Boobieeeeeeeee...:)

5. tzou88

tzou88 Member

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

liiiiiiiiinteresting

7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I, for one, have NEVER raised my voice at work. Further, I have never criticized a co-worker or been criticized by another at the workplace. Such an incident would call for immediate intervention from higher-ups.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  9. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

1 person likes this.
  10. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Is this a conspiracy?

Multiple threads about the Rockets negative ways.

Sigh.

What losing does to the fans?!?

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree. If he can hit 3 pointers and play solid defense (and I've never followed him closely enough to know if the latter is true), he could be ideal next to Harden.

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Isn't that what Douglas does?

13. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Leadership and Competition. I like it

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

completely agree with this, plus it's hard to find another GM that has been better with the Salary Cap than DM.

I'm guessing Sam is one of those that still thinks the Rockets will charged 15 mil against the cap in both Lin and Asik's 3rd years.

1 person likes this.
  16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The NBA workplace is completely different from an regular 9-5. Same rules don't apply

17. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I've always felt that Chandler Parsons was the acknowledged locker room leader, and not James Harden or Jeremy Lin. Parsons was the one who let Jeremy sleep on his coach when Jeremy's unit next door didn't have furniture yet. He was the first to welcome James Harden. He was he one who texted Royce White to try to keep him involved, telling him to take his time and do whatever he needed to be able to safely rejoin the team. And he was named co-captain along with Kevin Martin from last year's squad to help helm the locker room.

I'm not surprised if Chandler Parsons arranged this candid players only meeting to clear the air, where Patterson seemed to call out Harden for being too iso-hero ball and not doing enough on defense.

Parsons is undoubtedly the locker room leader on this team. The guys who leads the locker room isn't always the star on the court or the max contract player.

On the Knicks last year, the locker room leaders were Jared Jeffries (a vet min player!) and Tyson Chandler, not Amar'e Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony, despite those latter two getting max contracts and being the stars and officially named the co-captains of the team. Jeffries was the one who welcomed new players and took them out to dinner. Tyson Chandler was the one who rallied them in half-time speeches, using his status of having a ring, and he was the one who organized that LA dinner for Melo, Woodson, and Lin to try to get them to smooth over differences in the off-season. So it's not always the max contract stars who lead the locker room.

Chandler Parsons is certainly the leader in Houston's locker room, I think, not Harden or Lin.

1 person likes this.
  18. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

ain't nobody got time for this thread.

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Exactly. It's all testosterone on the NBA. Guys having heated discussions behind closed doors hardly calls for personnel changes.

20. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

but I read that Lin & Harden stabbed each other with knives, hopefully not true.