1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our success next Year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 28, 2000.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

As weird as it may sound, I still believe that our postseason success next year will heavily depend on Hakeem. And I also think Olajuwon will play, and play effectively next year. Hakeem knows that next year is his fairwell party. I really believe that he is gonna show up for one last time, and finish his career with the grace that represented his best years. He is just too good to go out without pride.

------------------
    Rudy's tips on how to win.
    #1. Score more points than the other team.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That is assuming we make it to the postseason. Not to sound down, but our chances of that are probably slim at best.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh come on Jeff. We will make it to the postseason next year. At the end of the season we proved we were capable of beating anyone. And then, add to last year's team a high draft pick and what may be the busiest offseason in franchise history. The Rockets showed they were made of the right stuff at the end of last season. Now, with some minor improvements and extra time for this team to gel, I am VERY confident that this team will make it to the playoffs next year.

------------------

4. D.R.E.A.M

D.R.E.A.M Member

I agree with you Cat. that rally at the end of the season proved the Rockets are Playoff contenders. And although it's not right to take that for granted, I have no doubt at all. that the Rockets will improve and Hakeem will indeed finish his carrer with grace.

"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion"

------------------
    Dream's Team!

5. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

im at least hoping hakeem has a turn back the clock season. i want to see him go out like the winner he is.

------------------
    --TEX

6. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That rally at the end of the season proves nothing. The Dallas Mavericks had one of the best records in the last month or so. But it still doesn't mean they'll make the playoffs next year. There have been countless of teams that have finished strong and beaten top level competition. But a lot of those teams never manage to improve, and in some instances, they take several steps back. I'm sure the Washington Wizards' fans were thinking about contending for a championship after Chris Webber and Juwan Howard led them to the playoffs, while eventually losing 3 straight close games to the bulls. The Clippers thought they were going to improve on their solid success of making the playoffs in 97 and giving the Jazz a scare with their young team. The Nuggets probably pictured themselves as perennial contenders after that beat the Sonics and lost to the Jazz in the 94 playoffs with a team loaded with young studs. Young teams are very difficult to predict. I wouldn't be too surprised if the hinges came off next year, and the Rockets might battle for the worst record in the league. But do feel confident that the Rockets will improve, although that doesn't necessarily translate into a playoff birth.

------------------

7. DaneB

DaneB Member

We could definitely be in the Playoffs next year. I can see us as being the 76ers of the West. There are many player comparisons between the two teams: Francis and Iverson, Cato and Ratliff, Tyrone Hill and Carlos Rogers, Eric Snow and Moochie Norris. With some good offseason transactions, I think we could very well wind up in the Playoffs. If not in 01, then maybe in 02, when Stockton leaves.

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Tyronne Hill and Carlos Rogers???

------------------

9. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

the assumption of the rockets being the postseason next year sounds 100% crazy to non rocket fans, just to let you know (im not sure who your going to beat out, including dallas...your better than the mavs, a non playoff team??). sure you wont care, but you guys sound foolish.

but at least your true fans.

btw: no the nuggets wont either. there goes the typical comeback i guess.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Rockets could make the playoffs, but there are way too many questions rite now too just ASSUME they will make it there.

1.Who will the Rocks add this offseason?
    2.Who will give the Rockets an inside presence?
    3.Will Cato improve?
    4.Will Fracis,mobes, KT improve?
    5.Will Hakeem really be back?

Maybe everything willl turn out the Rock's way. Probly not.

------------------
    I have a special purpose.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

While making the playoffs may be out of the question, no one here can be certain of that until after August after free agent signings are kicking in and the draft has been completed. I'm not sure how closely you follow the Rockets, but the reason so many people are optimistic about the Rockets' chances is partially due to their showing in April. They won 9 of their last 13 games. Those wins included ones over Portland, Seattle, Phoenix, and Utah.

(Of course 2 of the 3 losses were to Vancouver, but we'll just ignore that for now... [​IMG])

The Rockets aren't as far away from making the playoffs as you may think. They have a solid backcourt (including backups), now they just need to get to work on getting something on the front line.

------------------
    Want to participate in a mock draft on the BBS? Click here.

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited May 29, 2000).]