1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our only hope of getting Carmelo: The Orlando Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 3, 2017.

1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Any trade for Carmelo is going to have to be a 3 or 4 team trade. NYK doesn't want Anderson.

The following teams are the most likely potential partners in such a deal:
    • Magic
    • Suns
    • Nets
    • Kings
    The key to a trade working is the Knicks want good young players.

The Nets and Kings are gunning for Otto Porter, if he signs with either team, that basically cuts them out of a possible trade partner to bring Carmelo to HOU, unless the Wizards end up matching.

However, the Nets and Kings good young players are presumably untouchable (D. Russell, B. Hield, W. Cauley-Stein), while the rest of their rosters are full of guys who either the Knicks would never want, or guys who don't make a lot of money for the trade to work salary wise.

I expect that which ever of the Nets/Kings misses out on Otto Porter, could at best be a 4th team in a trade.

So let's focus on Phoenix and Orlando.

Phoenix has already come out and said that they will take salary dump (i.e. non-guaranteed guys). But for any trade to work, PHX would have to trade one of: Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Tyson Chandler, or Jared Dudley. The Knicks wouldn't want Chandler or Dudley, and the Suns wouldn't want to give up Bledsoe or Knight for only Ryan Anderson back. Rockets would have to smooth things over with draft picks they don't have or offering up Capela, which they won't do.

A likely HOU-NYK-PHX 3-way would need to include a Alex Len S&T going to NYK, and possibly with the Suns drafting Josh Jackson, they might be more inclined to trade away TJ Warren?

Something like this could work: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yal2z822

If the Suns are involved, I would like to see the Rockets try to steal Barbosa, who would be great off the bench and has played for D'Antoni before.

With complications involved in any possible PHX partnership, the last realistic hope might very well be the Orlando Magic.

Orlando could possibly be the worst team in the league next year. They might want to cut bait with N. Vucevic and he could pair nicely next to Porzingis in NYK.

They might also be the only team in the league who would actually like to have Ryan Anderson, as he obviously played for them in the past. He could bring some much needed shooting and be locked in for the next 3 years. I know they still have Aaron Gordon at the 4, but I think at best he is a guy who can come off the bench and give lots of energy and effort. I believe they are going to try out Jonathan Isaac at the 3, so he wouldn't really be affect with the addition of Anderson

Here's an example: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9soqg3l

Maybe you throw in a future 1st to NYK, or see if the Magic would give up another young guy, like an Aaron Gordon, and then see what picks ORL would want: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rfoa9te

Here is a potential 4-way involving both PHX and ORL, where the Suns and Knicks would need draft picks: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yalzgbwj

mockster and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. rockpileindisma

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

@Vivi I could be right all along, and nobody believed me

Vivi likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Another speculative melo thread! Im down. Should i make one next?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

It's the Clutch Fans way

mockster and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Make one now

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wut

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Help us Orlando, you're our only hope!

[​IMG]

samtaylor and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

I honestly really want to but im kind of gun shy after making the "which melo thread is the best fam?" Thread.

I feel like more than 1 melo thread per user is where the line is drawn right now lol

justtxyank likes this.
  10. mockster

mockster Member

Deserves its own thread

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Help me, Potato-Head Kenobi. You're my only hope!

mockster likes this.
  12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

why wasnt this just posted in the melo thread? pointless to make a new thread just for speculation that everyone has already talked about

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

"Ryan, you must come to Olderaano and learn the ways of the tank."
    [​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Heres what ill do. We got like 30 melo threads right now. Ill try to bump them all to the 1st page of clutchfans. It will be worthy of a screenshot.

Itll be my masterpiece

15. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I made this thread 7 days ago before the rush of Melo threads...but it's just now taking off:

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I don't think anyone is in charge right now

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sounds good. Back to the Roots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

samtaylor likes this.