1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Next Pig Miller

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Oct 28, 2002.

1. DJ

DJ Member

The worst time, as Rudy Tomjanovich said, is the time when it comes down to cutting players. It is very unfortunate that there are only fifteen spots and I understand that that situation puts teams in a quandary about what to do at this time. Every year as a Rocket fan I become so attached to certain players, that I want the Rockets to lock on to. These kind of players display their loyalty to the team and works hard. The big disappointment came earlier on today when I heard Tierre Brown got waived. I think that Brown has the skills and quickness essential to help this team. I was attached to him and was shocked when he was waived. One player that has really been around anytime we need him is Anthony "Pig" Miller. Miller rarely made it on the roster spot, but we always told him to stay in town so if push comes to shove, we can use his services. In the 1999-2000 season after injuries to Charles Barkley, Tony Massenburg, Carlos Rogers, and Hakeem Olajuwon, we picked up Miller. Miller hustled, played defense, and excelled with playing time. So what I am trying to get to is that we encourage Tierre Brown to stay in town and if we felt it was mistake that we dropped him or if the injury bug slaps us, we can call the energetic point guard.

2. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Pig Miller, who could forget a guy who played basketball with a toothpick in his mouth,,,,,,..Its a shame about Tierre, he never got beat out. Just replaced for a reason still unknown,

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Tierre better hang around for a while cause' I don't really like Maddox bringing down the ball. I guess rudy did'nt like Tierre because of his awareness when he was double team!But other thn that, I think he made a lot of good judgement

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Well, in the NBA, every team will find out your weakness and exploit it. Meaning that Tierre would be trapped everytime he got the ball.

5. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

for the first time, I actually agree with you Kidrock:) VERY good point

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

tito handled the trap worse than tierre at least from what i saw. anyways the hope is that neither of these guys would get serious minutes anyways with mooch and steve. tierre is good enough to where he might be able to catch on somewhere like damon jones last year.