1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our #FakeHero president is an insult to our Founders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jul 4, 2017.

1. adoo

adoo Member

We have a president who neither understands nor respects the basic norms of American democracy. Make no mistake: Donald Trump is a true aberration. There is no figure like him in U.S. history, for which we should be thankful.

Trump’s inexperience is unique; he is the only president never to have served in government or the military.
    This weakness is exponentially compounded by his ignorance of both policy and process, his lack of curiosity,
    his inability to focus and his tremendous insecurity. He refuses to acknowledge his shortcomings, let alone
    come to terms with them; and he desperately craves the kind of sycophantic adulation that George Washington,
    a genuine hero, pointedly rejected.​

Trump is a #FakeHero. He strings along his supporters with promises he has no idea how to keep. Like many a would-be strongman before him, he defines himself politically by the fights he picks; he erects straw men — faceless “elites,”
    cable television hosts, Muslims, Mexicans, nonexistent individuals or groups waging an imaginary “war on Christmas”​
    — because authoritarians always need enemies. Yet his ego is a delicate hothouse flower, threatened by the slightest puff of criticism.

The Fourth of July is no day for despair. It’s a day to remember that our system, though vulnerable to a charlatan such as Trump, is robust and resilient. Eventually he will be tossed or voted out. And the star-spangled banner yet will wave.

2. TheresTheDagger

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His acolytes are in full force today.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps I'm wrong but the only thing I see when threads like this are started....

[​IMG]

5. fchowd0311

I'll bet in you probably being wrong.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It is a day to realize what our country really is, and that it is well-represented by its leader. It is a day to realize that FDR was the anomaly, and after a very strange half century, we are quickly returning to our violent, cruel, oligarchic traditions.

Just trying to spread some cheer on a holiday. :D

Nook, Rashmon and Dairy Ashford like this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's not listening because he's too busy reading the latest Breitbart conspiracy theories.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I wouldn't say that- but I would say that at this point, it's just stating the obvious. I'm not sure if President Trump can ever recover from being such a turd in general. Maybe, if we stopped his high school bullying, the media would have nothing to focus on other than his policy-based actions (which aren't great, but at least it's better than the constant focus on his social media excursions).

Threads like this are just not necessary anymore.

Nook likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The founders? Who cares about them. They're freaking dead. He doesn't matter to them.

He's an insult to all of us living Americans and pretty much anyone who tries to do, or more importantly tries to teach kids and others, to do the right thing.

He behaves in a manner thats an affront to human dignity. We don't need Hamilton to tell us that.

Deckard likes this.
  10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Go **** yourself OP

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

An insult on basic decency.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do you think Trump's wife would shed a single solitary tear if he died??

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Get a hold of yourself, snowflake.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Gracchus: I think he [Commodus] knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate, it's the sand of the Colosseum. He'll bring them death...and they will love him for it.

Rocket River

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

The truth hurts, eh?

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

People pay thousands and thousands of dollars for rent to live in Trump Tower Meanwhile Donald lives in your mind rent free.

17. fchowd0311

Someone on Reddit used that same exact phrase. Do you post an original thought...ever?

Or are you a walking meme... Unless I discovered your Reddit account. Don't worry, I'm not petty like CNN and hold it over your head with a threat of doxxing.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  18. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

This City is what it is because our citizens are what they are.

-Plato

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Source?

I didn't copy this from reddit but I guess great minds think alike.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.