1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OU SOONERS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman, Oct 15, 2000.

1. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

OU SOONERS ARE GOING TO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Cmon Sooner fans show your support! i'll be at the Nebraska game when we will clinch the number 1 ranking. After beating the hell out of Texas, one of the sorriest football teams in the NATION, 63-14 (could be called a rape by some). Then going into Manhattan Kansas and beating the hell out of the wildcats, who haven't lost at home in 25 games, 41-31. THE SOONERS HAVE A LEGIT CHANCE AT A NATIONAL TITLE!!

GO OU!

--Rocketman

------------------

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Texas will finish the season 9-2 and in the top 10 or 15, so I wouldn't go that far.

If the Sooners advance to the Big 12 championship game (which they will unless they lose TWICE) are you gonna go? Might see you there if you are- bought game tickets and plane tickets fully expecting Texas to be there, but with OU having to lose twice now, I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well- with OU playing the way they are, it should be one heck of a game between them and Nebraska/K-State. I certainly believe that you guys are contenders now.

And by the way, if you guys can beat Nebraska two weeks from now, Heupel's got my vote for the Heisman. This guy is unbelievable, and honestly he's the best player in the country this year that I've seen. And yes, that includes Vick, Weinke, Brees, etc. Just a winner. He reminds me a whole lot of Cade Mcnown two weeks ago- just a great playmaker that can find a way to get things done. Good luck to you guys vs. Nebraska.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

They're still from Oklahoma. I'd trade national championships (which they haven't won yet, don't get ahead of yourself) to be able to say I'm not an Okie, nor will I ever be an OKIE.

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

4. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

[​IMG]

Anyway, Oklahoma was impressive against K-State, and I think they have a legit chance against Nebraska, and perhaps even the national championship. And Heupel has been damn good so far.

GO LONGHORNS

------------------

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I love you guys!

I really do,
    I'm so happy for my team... TheCat--I'm really thinking about going to Kansas City, I think now that I have my car my parents might let me and some friends take a lil vacation. Well I've been to 3 home games (I missed the Kansas game) and its been really fun!

Ok about the whole Okie stuff.... I'm not an Okie, I just live here... I was born in Texas --Beamont as a matter of fact. I love Texas, I plan to go to school there (Rice U.). Its just that living in Oklahoma for the past 13 years has an effect on your loyalty. Not to mention my father's job is with the University.

I love UT and wouldn't mind heading over there for college. But there is definately a different attitude between OU fans and UT fans, its nothing personal. You guys beat us almost every year, let me enjoy this one!

I hope we win the National Championship and I hope Texas makes it back into the rankings.

GO OU!

--Rocketman

------------------

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Oh com'on, we all know that Texas Tech is going to win out and end up as the Big 12 South Champ. It's inevitable. (And I guess Oklahoma will lose to Nebraska, too, since OU has to lose twice for Tech to pass them). But your bets down now, people. [​IMG]

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    DFW Sports Board

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

There is one team that is pretty good too, I think they are the Corn shuckers or something!?!?

[​IMG]

Nebraska is going to be tough to beat! We will see on Oct. 28th I guess!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."