1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orlando Summer League Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The CDN Dream, Jul 9, 2012.

1. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Post observations and thoughts from the summer league

From my limited time watching today here are mine:

- Drummond looks amazing for his age defensively but airballed freethrows.. He needs a lotof work on that.
    - Kanter got outplayed by Drummond. From other timesi saw him too. I dont think he'll amount to much in the nba
    - Perry Jones was a steal for OKC in the high 20's. I still think we should have taken him with out 18. He showed a lot todat from his boarding, made a three, hit some jumpers and did well down low
    - Sullinger looks like a rotation player at best
    - Austin Daye seemed to have really dropped in his level of play. I was really high on him before ( did a lot better in last years summer league)
    - Celtics the only team going to be playingin both orlando and vegas
    - I think I saw courtney Lee in the crowd lol. also doc and bird in attendance.
    * disclaimer: this was only one game from these players but this is what I saw today

2 people like this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I thought so too... figured PJIII, Sullinger and Moultrie would be ahead of Terrence Jones, but if this is true, it might explain why Perry Jones dropped like he did.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NBA scout told me today his team's docs believe Perry Jones's knees will only hold up for 3-4 years in the league. Explains why he dropped.</p>&mdash; Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/SethDavisHoops/status/222504793967558656" data-datetime="2012-07-10T01:37:31+00:00">July 10, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Sullinger impressed me, Perry Jones III will be a special player.

Celtics and Thunder made good picks in my opinion.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I hate the Raptors.

I don't see why you pass up on PJII's potential for Terrance Jones. I know Terrance has some nice feats/stats but a player like Perry does not come around too often. Teach him how to shoot and he will be great in the NBA especially if he works on his post game.

I would take Brandon Roy for 3-4 years over Terrance Jones.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

PJ3 looked pretty good. He showed some skills, seems to have a decent feel for the game and can pass the ball. But it's just the opener of summer league.

6. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

can we at least see terrence jones play before we start bashing him, lol. it's one game in the summer league. i still like terrence, and I think we made the right decision going with him after I thought about for a while. he will be a better player than perry in the long run imo. sullinger, I think will be great if he remains healthy.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

OPs observations are more like entire career projections based on the opening game of summer league - that makes no sense. Some played better than others. It happens. Donte Greene was one of the best summer league players the Rockets ever had. Thank god they sold high on that guy.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

That should be like insider trading to Morey. He knows exactly when to sell the stock before it plummets!

9. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

That's why i mentioned that it was based ontoday twice in my post.

These observations were based on what I saw in they game or how they played today.

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I was actually impressed with what I saw from Kyle Singler, the dude has definitely bulked up and should be a good rotational player for the Pistons in my opinion.

11. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Sullinger is a baller, cant believe dude fell so low, and right into doc rivers hands at that. Oh AND they got Fab Melo? Celtics will be back in da east finals next year

12. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

OP was really clear it was just based on one day and to take it for what it's worth.

Good stuff CDN - keep it coming!