1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

OOTP Season 4(Restart) Transaction Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Buck88, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

The Astros/Rangers Trade form the last sim.

Astros trade
    PTBNL (Astros 2006 #1)
    CL B. Koch
    MR J. Grimsley
    CF G. Rodriguez

Rangers trade
    SP C. Park
    CL J. Zimmerman
    C N. Eien

Good luck Mike.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Accepted.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Padres trade

1B Joey Padilla
    MR Keith Ector

to the Marlins for

C Gregg Zaun

San Diego agrees.

4. Heath

Heath Member

Marlins Agree.

Hope Zaun can be as nice a stopgap for you as he was for me.

5. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Expos would like to lodge an official protest against this "standard draft order" business and also to accept this trade:

Code:
    DATE: Thursday, 2/28/2006
    Trade offer
       Dear Sir,
       I would like to offer you following trade:
       CF Carlos Beltran, SP George Plascencia, C  Lester Moore
       in return for
       2B Jose Vidro.

Please let me know if you accept!

Best Regards,
       Kansas City GM
    Jose has served the Expos long and well, and now it's time that he gets some good bbq after many years of Montreal eateries.

6. Heath

Heath Member

Marlins support Expos official protest about the "standard draft order" business and would also like to note that there should be less rounds. I guess 10 rounds is ok for this season, but I think it is better with 5-7 rounds as there will be less crap players to cut. :)

Standard Draft Order = punishment for winning! :mad:

7. Buck88

By "standard draft order" I'm guessing you mean order is determined by record?

That's the way it should be, in fact I would submit that I don't like the flip of order in the 2nd. Losing teams HAVE to find a way to get back to winning somehow, and with crappy attendance and poor revenue streams it would be hard to do in FA. So those team depend on their farm system to get cheap quality players to rebuild.

8. Heath

Heath Member

That is what you get with your 1st rounder AND 3rd rounder. Doing it the way it has always been done with snake order is more fair as it does not punish a team for winning. There is nothing that sucks more than tanking, and you still had nomars (or is the word losers) who did that with snake style drafting.

9. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

What about teams that are bad right now (Detroit, Tampa Bay etc) they need as many chances as possible to get good players. even in the late 2nd round you get players 1 tdev away from being studs. This is to help bad teams, and new GMs rebuild their teams quicker so we have more competative playoff races, unless you enjoy having 5 divisions decided by early September.

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

My team's brutal, and I didn't tank to get there. :p I wouldn't mind going with the "standard draft order" instead of serpentine so that I can try to improve them, but I won't b**** about whatever's decided.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not in the league any longer so I don't have a vote either way, but I do know why we initially used a snake draft. It was for the reason mentioned above. In the original sim Nomar cut everyone that was of major league quality and played A quality guys on his ML roster. He tanked for about 3-4 seasons to get the first draft pick in each. So that he wouldn't be able to stack his team from blatant tanking Haven set the draft to serpentine.
    As for number of rounds. I originally started this sim with a 10 round draft. I did it because the roster set we used only had about 10-15 minor league players per team. I wanted to have a longer draft to help fill out some of the mior league rosters. After the first season I changed it to 7 rounds per year so as not to get a build up of crappy players.

Like I originally said I don't have a say in the league but I thought I might be able to provide some info on why we originally did some of the things we did and so that you would know where some of the "purists" are protesting the way they are. A suggestion from me might be to alternate from straight-forward the first season or 2 to serpentine after that. I think with the exception of KBM every other manager has been able to take some of the dregs to at least being able to compete without much difficulty.

12. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

I'll leave it as standard for a couple seasons, see how it runs, if it goes bad, I have no problem going back to serpentine :)

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Indians trade:
    John Blaine
    Bill Hagar
    Alex Escobar
    Corey Smith

Expos trade:
    Brad Wilkerson
    Zach Day
    Tomas Perez

14. Zac D

It's all true, all too true.

15. Zac D

Expos trade:
    CL John Rocker
    3B Fernando Tatis

Twins trade:
    C Rob Bowen
    SS Ruben Salazar

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Confirmative!

17. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Accepting this trade from the CPU (KC)
    Also, can I start structuring my lineup around this trade, or do I have to wait for clearance from Chuck (salary cap, not enough roster space, etc.?)

Code:
      E-MAIL MESSAGES:
       DATE: Thursday, 2/28/2006
       Trade offer
       Dear Sir,
       I would like to offer you following trade:
       1B Mike Sweeney, CF Michael Gentry, RF Phillip Weiss
       in return for
       2B Bret Boone.

Please let me know if you accept!

Best Regards,
       Kansas City GM

18. Manny Ramirez

You can go ahead and post your lineup reflecting this trade. The only time a computer trade is not accepted by Chuck is if you wait to accept it like 2 or more sims later. Example, you decided to accept this offer when the season has reached the end of April, instead of now.

19. Manny Ramirez

Houston - San Diego Trade:

San Diego trades

3B Wally Huizenga:(
    1B John Mcginty

to Houston for

P Jeff Zimmerman
    P Antonio Osuna
    P Daniel Copeland
    OF Jason Lane

San Diego agrees. Huizenga will probably be the next great one, for you Buck.

20. Buck88

Astros Agree!

Good luck Manny......I freaking hate to Zimmerman go but payroll must be cut!