1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Only for Houston Rockets fans]NBA History - Hakeem Olajuwon Quadruple-Double

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 28, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because of the rise of non believers that have joined this site,
    I have decided to direct this post only to Real Houston Rockets fans.
    For you, this date in NBA history:

If you don't love this video please
    delete your login

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tru story (as told by me to my kid):

He actually has two quadruple doubles.

He was robbed off his first one. They took away one of his assist or something.

So this bad boy showed them up by getting another one a short while later.

BaselineFade, CCity Zero and tinman like this.
  3. jsingles

jsingles Member

His first basket in this video he was wide open to take the ball to the 3-point line and try a 3. Not a very good stretch 4 move in my opinion. What a scrub.

4. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is it really fasting when you're eating big men alive on the court for dinner though?

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

My opinion is that believers and non believers arent determined after the fact. They are determined before success by showing faith And loyalty during adversity before geting rewarded.

I dont believe any new posters from my generation have the ability to be believers or non believers because we never had an opportunity to show faith before hakeem rewarded houston.

I do know that we have a ton of harden non believers. Only time will tell if they are correct

FLASH21 and tinman like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

All Bulls fans of younger age did not witness the legacy of MJ but they understand it.

I think Rockets fans now need to understand Clutch City instead of eating the heavily biased NBA history agenda that ESPN and other media slapped on the Rockets titles.

Sports Illustrated had a cover of the Knicks winning the title for game 7, but decided not to make one for the Rockets in 1994.
    That pissed off all of Houston and they were forced to put a cover cause an entire city was going to cancel their magazine.

The lie that Jordan wasn't there 1995 was spread so much, you literally hear and see it all the time now by younger fans.

When they talk about past teams they never talk about the Rockets. So younger viewers wouldn't know.
    It's like they are erasing the Rockets on purpose.

Spacemoth, saleem and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Im right there with you. My older cousins and dad all saw it and tell me about it. Ive seen that clutch and double clutch documentaries.

My dad has said a rockets player could win 5 titles in the future and still not be as good as hakeem was to him. Said you had to be there and witness it to understand how incredible it was.

People like to crap on our history because we stopped new york and next year we folllowed it up when we had the greatest playoff run in nba history...

6th seed that defeated the 4 teams with the 4 best records in the nba on the road.

saleem likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

I dig the history and know as much as I can read/watch/hear about it but I cant call myself a hakeem "believer" because I wasnt there since day 1 as a u of h fan as a lot of people here.

Im a fan but you have to earn being a believer IMO. You need to lrove to yourself that you are believer by trusting him and showing faith before you know if he will win or not.

I already know that he went back to back

11. tinman

Supporting Member

This season showed that people like to jump on the train and convince themselves that we were going to have a MVP and championship just like that.
    Obviously they jumped off the tracks after game 6, but they have to realize they got a lot this season , the ride overall was better than expected.

Lots of theories on why Harden didn't play well. One of them was that he ran out of gas trying to carry the team from the regular season to the playoffs to have an amazing season.

There was that 'Harden makes Hakeem Obsolete' thread.

Well, Dream put the same amount of effort on offense and defense in the regular season as well as elevating his game in the playoffs.

Harden has definitely elevated his game higher than any Rocket since Dream, but he's not on that level.

smp and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

swyyyguy likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry, you can't compare 99ers to non believers
    your statement is invalid

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Bah, link doesn't work :(

17. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

What is the significance of a "99er?" as a Rockets fan? I think that I watched my first Rockets game in 1984 and went to my first one in 1989. Does that make me an 84er or an 89er?

I really don't understand the term, but I have seen it a few times around here.

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

When you joined ClutchCity.net (ClutchFans)

Wooderson likes this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This link should work.

Grainy though.

tinman, s3ts, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  20. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Thank you! That makes sense now.