1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only Argument for harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

That he choked in the playoffs.
    If harden were to win last year against GSW, they would have no more argument against this man.
    The beard is the most dominate player in the History of the NBA. Noone can carry the way he's carrying the Rockets. Put a bunch of college kids in with him, and he will still get them to the playoffs.
    If the Beard were to win a championship, to me, he's ahead or even with Hakeem for Rockets great.

2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He did not choke in the playoffs. You really expected him to beat 4 all stars by himself? And besides, he still dropped 32 points.... would have had over 40 points if the officials did their job correctly.

The fact of the matter is, he's never really had help in the playoffs..... so it's always going to be hard for him.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hes never choked in the playoffs...

Hes lost as the underdog multiple times to all time great teams...

Dumb narrative...

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

WE ALL KNOW THAT REFS RIGGED GAME 6 AND 7 LAST YEAR....ALL ROCKETS FAN KNOWS THIS.
    But for the rest of the league, that's the only excuse they have for him.

5. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

If harden averages 36 ppg and leads us to a championship how can you not have him above Hakeem. The warriors are literally the only team that has knocked harden out of the playoffs recently. And it’s not because they have better players than James, it’s because p4p they have more firepower. Harden had an old cp3 as his 2nd best player and SHOULD have beaten the greatest team ever put together. If harden was still with Nike I know the league would not have screwed us againist the warriors

Harden only lost to the warriors, and the spurs in the playoffs are just a bad matchup for harden and Dantoni. Even with prime Nash and amare they couldn’t beat the spurs

6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They can keep using those excuses.... I'll keep using facts.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Let me remind you Durant joined a championship 73 win team that had to take Harden led Rox team to 7 games without any help. Rox were never favored on their playoff loses so Harden never choked.

8. Mr. Space City

he just has to shoot better. that's been the main consistent to his poor playoff percentages.

maybe the load of carrying subpar and injured rosters for most of the season wears down on him but the general public doesn't care.

hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Did you compare Harden to Hakeem in the playoffs? When Harden wins a championship then we can start the comparison.

sushimaster and ramotadab like this.
  10. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Dude I clearly said IF Harden leads us to a championship

11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If we need to secure our team still can win without cp3, knight and rivers need to stay

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I appreciate your enthusiasm and I'm about as big of a Rockets homer as they come, but I don't think even I would take it This far

sushimaster and nomiz1987 like this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wrong, people were still going to hate on him even if he won the series against the warriors last year, the narrative is still the same from the first year when he got here that he doesn't play defense, which is ****ing stupid because I think he great post defender and top 5 in the league in steals this season, Harden is the best player in the league and everyone knows it and all those people hating on him are nothing but trolls even the media outlets.

BTW Harden isn't playoffs choker and only bad performance of his playoffs career was the spurs series and that's about it

[​IMG]

jcf likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

some of those percentages are rough.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. bongman

bongman Member

Harden needs to win a ring too be validated. This will negate all the silly arguments they have against this man.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden's 3 pt shooting is up and down. If he can shoot like this in the playoffs we probably win the whole thing with a healthy squad.

Look at his 3% percentage in the playoffs, it's so unbelievably bad. We gotta hope his shot peaks in the playoffs

hakeem94 and rocketseagles07 like this.
  17. Senator

Senator Member

Stop comparing era's

The biggest waste of time amongst sports fans

The game today is completely different than 20 years ago, stats are only a part of it, teams built on unfair collusion like Miami and the Warriors are a small part of it

I am fine comparing Harden with players from the last 10 years but there needs to be a referee that steps in and says leave the Hakeem , MJ , Wilt comparisons out, it's unfair to the past era.

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

It really is unfair, especially in this era, that championships are the only barometer for success. Kevin Durant wasted the prime of a while generation of superstars and no one was hit harder than Harden. Aside from the Spurs anomaly, GSW has been our hurdle in the playoffs. It's unfair to expect Harden to overcome that team. Even Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, or whatever historical superstar you wanna throw out there would lose to that stupid warriors team. **** KD for real.

19. rocketseagles07

He hasn’t choked and he hasn’t played like regular season harden. There’s the random fans side where he’s a choke artist then there’s the clutch fans side where he’s the best sg ever and blah blah blah.

I’m happy we have harden, he’s been amazing, but you can’t put him up there with some of the players you guys do until he performs close to regular season harden in the playoffs. You can bring up all the numbers you want he shot under 25% from 3 in that series vs GS.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. rocketseagles07

That’s all I’m trying to say. The rockets fans narrative and the media’s narrative are both exaggerated and neither are correct.

nomiz1987 likes this.