1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Trade For Us To Acquire AD

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Let's not pretend we aren't all going to try and come up with different scenarios where we acquire Anthony Davis from here until the trade deadline. And I'm sure for other threads there will be replies with disagreements and scoffs. We're all guilty.

But for this thread lets just each take the time to post just one trade that you put a lot of thought in; considered each teams interests and one you would think is the most realistic. But post only the trade and nothing else, no explanations. The post should have nothing but the teams and the players in and out.

We won't put down other people's ideas, no one replies to one another, if you love the idea or think it makes sense, click the like button, or reference the user in a post in another thread if you want. You can even use someone else's post and try to improve it with your post. If you think its ridiculous, or even impossible, scroll down to the next one. Let it go and move on.

I won't give a whole schpeel on how the trade has to be within reason, and as I type this I realize the chances of this thread panning out the way I hope is very ... unrealistic, haha. But it would be cool to have a thread for the next week you just scroll through and see new and different ideas, with nothing else. No justifications or put downs.

I'll start with the next post:

EDIT: And if you like this idea but some poster insists on ruining it with the third post in this thread then ignore @arabrocket orrrr EDIT your post with your idea

#1 Zoplicone, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Trackwell, snowconeman22 and HP3 like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Brooklyn In: Eric Gordon, Danuel House
    Brooklyn Out: D'angelo Russell, Ed Davis

New Orleans In: Clint Capela, D'angelo Russell, Ed Davis, 4 First Round Picks
    New Orleans Out: Anthony Davis

Houston In: Anthony Davis
    Houston Out: Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, 4 First Round Picks

3. theimpossibles1

One trade to rule them all, One trade to find them, One trade to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

burlesk, tmoney1101, Riz and 8 others like this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Brooklyn would want CP3 for Russell bare-minimum.

5. Senator

Senator Member

Lol the 34 yr old who is owed 160 million over 4 years? Who plays in half his games? For a young rebuilding team? I didn’t think there would be a worse post than the OP , but you’ve outdone yourself.

astros99 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. BullRider

BullRider Member

capela, gordon, tucker, dantoni, morey, power dancers, the jumboboard & 4 1st round draft choices

moonsh0t, IvanLCPM, vick and 2 others like this.
  7. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I’m not sure that would stop Morey from doing this.

catarax05 likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Although we can offer only 4 picks, we can certainly generate a 5th pick for the Pelicans if we swap Solomon Hill for an expiring. That's an underrated benefit someone can offer the Pelicans. With any cap room they get, they can take on an unwanted contract in exchange for another pick. In any case, it would rid them of a very unwanted contract.

So I would deal Gordon to the Kings for Randolph and Labissiere.

Then I would deal Clint, Randolph, Labissiere, Chriss, 4 picks for Davis and Hill.

This would put us in LT nightmare territory with no picks to alleviate the pain. Essentially, we would have to win it all multiple times to cover what that costs, but that's our realistic position right now. We have to destroy ourselves to even be in the conversation for Davis.

Why not?, rhee, Trackwell and 2 others like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Woj said he thinks Boston has sent a message to NO to be patient and that they’ll be willing to talk about anything on the roster minus Kyrie obviously...we’ll see if that’s the case

NY could offer a lot too

I haven’t seen 1 realistic trade offer for AD that involves the Rockets unless NO decides to shock the world

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I can only see one way for AD to be on the Rockets.

Houston in: Anthony Davis
    Houston out: James Harden
    NO in: James Harden
    NO out: Anthony Davis

Literally the only way it's gonna happen.

K-Low_4_Prez, Matt78777 and BigShasta like this.
  11. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

Bro, how much hatred do you have for the Brooklyn Nets?:eek:

They already have a talent for projecting better growth Clint: Allen

The better Russell plays, the better he has proved that he is definitely an All-Star guard in the future and will soon reach 20+5+5.

Why did they abandon these two young potential boys for Clint and EG and House?

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Well we can go ahead and lock this up. Not so shockingly, it didn’t turn out as hoped. It’s alright, if I survived the New Orleans loss, I can survive anything.

For those hating on my trade, way to ignore the idea of this thread.

Russell is a restricted free agent and they locked up Spencer Dinwiddie who plays point also. Maybe they don’t want to use their upcoming cap space on him. They know he’s playing well but I don’t think they’re convinced he’s their future. And I wouldn’t be shocked if he takes the qualifying because they can’t reach an agreement. EG would be their best shooting guard; he’s not young but not old or overpaid. House can be added to the rotation, and maybe I should have re-routed one of the first round picks their way. But now we can’t because this thread is a bag of poop. I’ll see you all in hel-......I mean the random trade thread.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. PatBev

PatBev Member

**** it

CP3/Gordon/Capella/4-1st rounders for AD/Holiday

14. vick

vick Member

Also add Tilman.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's bad for Brooklyn. They ain't dumb either

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Allen is not as good as Capela - not yet at least - and Clint is not declining anytime soon.

D'Angelo Russell is scoring 19.5 on 17.3 shots (1.12 points per shot). To put it in perspective, Eric Gordon scored 18 points on 14 shots (1.28 points per shot) last season. Clint Capela scores 17.6 points on 11.9 shots. This mini-hype surrounding Russell is not his entrance into an upper tier of talent, it's just an uptick from his abhorrent past 3 years. He is still defensively bad and displays poor shot selection and leadership qualities.

Capela is a better player than all 3 of those guys, and he's locked into a superb contract for 4 prime years.

BKN wouldn't do that trade, but it's only because they are not taking on any salary past this summer. They want to be FA players, and Gordon is not worth compromising $12m of that cap space.

Zoplicone likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

Dangelo Russell’s value is much higher than Eric Gordon.

18. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

So this is a random trade idea thread?

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

yes, but a Special episode!

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Crazy trade:
    [​IMG]

Houston sends 4 first round picks to New Orleans along with Brandon Knight's contract (I know I know lol)
    Houston Sends Clint Capela to Sacramento
    Houston sends future 2nd round picks Memphis and maybe some international player rights or something
    Houston sends Chriss to Memphis

Sacramento sends Willy Stein and 2 1sts to New Orleans (for Capela)

New Orleans sends Davis to Houston

Net Haul:
    New Orleans: 6 first rounds picks
    Deadweight contract of Brandon Knight while they rebuild

We could even include Hartenstein

Memphis sends to J Green to Houston

Why not? likes this.