1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Bold move..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

All I can say is that we need one major move by Morey in order for us to save the season..look at what Denver did, they shipped AI for Billups in order to have stability...and the result, all the players (especially KMart,JR Smith and Melo) are clicking right now and the team is playoff bound..its high risk but look at the results

2. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Yao for Gasol, get it done morey!

3. Landlord Landry

I am all for it......what do you propose?

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Are you suggesting Yao for Gasol? Lets do it! Morey, get it done!

5. rocketsmetalspd

Yao for Gasol are you kidding?

6. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

what the hell...?

8. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Per one poster who is familiar with both players:

Now Gasol will be better fit with this system because he is better offensively. He is more clutch than Yao ming as evident by the laker - celtics game on Christmas. As for defensive presence, we got deke now, so it is not a problem. We should try to trade for Gasol and one of their shooters.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Something needs to be done. Whether it is a trade or a meeting. So far we had the meeting but so far it looks like it isn't working.

10. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

one good game by gasol , he is now clutch lol.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

If we trade Yao for Gasol say hello to missing the playoffs. Yao is far from the big problem with this team. If we made that trade that would be knee jerk.

Besides I doubt the Lakers would make a trade that big, they have chemistry.

12. rocketshopeful

Morey has been an absolute wizard as GM of the rockets. However, I don't think there is much he can do. This is up to Les to give Morey the green light.

Les has this picture already painted with this teams success being dependent upon Yao and Mac. Until he is ok with painting a different picture, I don't think the bold move you are looking for will happen.

13. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Good Idea!

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yes i hope this happened because i want Yao and Kobe.

15. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

the lakers would do this trade in a heartbeat.

16. GOAT

GOAT Member

Here is how i would shake things up personally......We would basically take ourselves out of the 2010 sweepstakes but it is what it is and something has to be done before we end up lottery bound and actually become the dallas cowboys of basketball.....
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...7~532&teams=10~4~10~10~10~4~17~4~17&te=&cash=

[​IMG]

new linup would be something like this

Kirk Hinrich,Brooks
    Vince Carter,Wafer,Barry
    Shane Battier,Ron
    Scola,Drew Gooden (much needed length)
    Yao,Deke,Sean Williams

Now here are the reasons teams do this......Chicago cuts 17 million and are players somewhat come 2010 by moving Hinrich plus Gooden is on the block now, and Chicago also will be getting an up and comer with Landry which I think is a little more polished than Noah and Thomas plus a cheaper back up with Rafer who also has less years than Hinrich......Now New Jersey they have been looking to move Sean Williams for a while now and they were interested in Head for Williams earlier from what I have been reading on the internet....the reason they move Vince for Tracy is the fact Tracy will be off there books in 2010 and Vince will have 2 years left in 2010.......we all know that New Jersey is one of the teams trying to get Lebron with them moving to New York plus one of Lebrons good friends is part owner of the team so they may look to move Vince since they can not see themselves winning a championship with him there in the next 2 years...............
    It's obvious why Houston does this deal in getting the PG they have been needing and also getting a SG who will actually play for you (Vince is playing well for a sorry ass New Jersey team right now so coming to Houston will be good for him).....Plus by bringing in Gooden we will get much needed length, size and atheletic help that we need in the front court..Sean Williams also will supply some of this help if we need him (Houston and Lakers WC Finals)

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

pffw i bet they already proposed it

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There is not a GM in the league who would give up Yao for Gasol. Get real.

19. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

With Yao joining the Lakers, they would become unbeatable and Yao will get favors from the refs due to Kobe. Yes get it done Morey ! brilliant plan.

20. ibm

ibm Member

exactly.