1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Once I get out of this coma...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2000.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Kagy: No worries on the pizza. Did you even eat any? Clutch's line was the all-time classic as was that pink shirt in the food court - "Two words: plastics."

Tucker says, "Hello." You've made a friend for life. My wife says that anyone who loves cats is a friend of hers. Thanks for trying to protect me regarding the scenery at the Laptop, but she knows all about me and would expect nothing less.

Next time, Clutch must bring a laptop to avoid Mac-itis and you guys are welcome to crash here. We even have a guest room that is cat-free!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

2. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

your wives or girlfreinds sound cool guys, damn i wish mine was like that , if i tell her how much of a freak i am about the rockets i'm afraid she'll think i'm a dork and leave me, especially since i live about a 4 hour drive away.

------------------
    johnny "red" kerr:i'm glad the bulls did'nt draft steve francis.

dan roan: why!!!!!

johnny red kerr:because he would forever be compared to michael jordan.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

If you honestly believe she will leave you over your likes and dislikes, you better re-evaluate that relationship right away. People are supposed to love you for who you are. If they don't, they aren't really right for you anyway!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

4. popeye

popeye Member

Jeff??????

That sounded more like me than you.

Aren't I supposed to be the guy who comes in on the end of a jagged, digressing, comic-inspired thread and ground it quickly to a halt with a sensible point of veiw?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL [​IMG]

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lol

"Jagged" -- perfect!

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Popeye: you are dead on! I don't know what came over me - suddenly I felt like Dr. Joyce Brothers or Dear Abby without the skirt.

Forgive my impetuousness!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

7. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

RocketsPimp where are you in this picture Jeff took? or are you to far to the left?
    [​IMG]

------------------
    ~John~
    Hi, my name is John and I'm a clutchaholic.
    Houston NHL

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Finally getting around to responding here ... man was that a fun night. I was pretty upset we didn't get to go back to Kenneally's -- it was my screw up. If I had left things well alone we would have been fine but I wanted to get some stuff up before the trip back to Austin. What happened is still a mystery.... my memory of that hour is one big "Mac haze" ... [​IMG]

What sucks is we had left things at Kenneally's before the game as we'd all have more time to talk, etc. after the game so a shame we didn't get to return. Glad you guys had fun though ... would have been cool to meet 3pointer, 'Pimp, davo and the rest of you guys. Was cool meeting heypartner (thanks for the compliments but you overstate the truth!) -- very cool guy. Props to him for organizing the deal.

I heard Pole almost came... would have been cool to meet him. Next time we'll do it right and have it up on the site well in advance... we got to fly in Will and Keeley. Rocketman Tex and SpaceCity -- you guys definitely have to be there. Kagy and I will pick up TheFreak and head out... [​IMG]

If anyone doubts Popeye's authenticity, I think many of us who were at the game can vouch for half the things said there. Hakeem was sitting next to Les, his wife and Drayton McLane (Astros owner)... I "believe" Bob Lanier was in that row also (though not sure it was him)

I really was depressed we left 3 perfectly good slices there at the table... damn "on time" thing.

I also got a ticket on the way back home -- hell, not 4-5 blocks from Jeff's place. I think he thought Kagy and I were drunk ... he ended up giving me a ticket for having a Utah driver's license. He's like, "How long have you lived here?" and I'm wondering if I should lie, tell him 2 weeks, act lost and ask if the "Alamo is close" ... instead said, "Hmm... gosh, what has it been ... year and a half now?"

That didn't go over well.

Then he asks who won the game after we told him we were in town for the Rockets game. I'm like, "We lost." ... he goes, "We should have won." ... I'm thinking this ass hasn't seen Lottery Race 2000. Should have told him I felt bad for Scottie Pippen, but I figured that would have gotten me a beating worthy of highlight "Cops" material. [​IMG]

Anyway, cheapie ticket but I may come back to Houston to get it waived once getting a Texas DL...

Enron Field, anyone?

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

You can't see me very well. Follow the halfcourt line to the bottom of the picture. It goes right to me in the gray shirt. I'm just to the right of the scores table computer screen.

Rogers and Cato(out of uni) are to my left. Moochie, Francis and Cuttino(can't remember who was in the white shirt next to him) are to my right. Bullard(WAY to the left) hadn't come over yet, to give his shoes to a few kids that were down there.

Enron Field would be a fun outing. Club level is DEFINITELY the way to go! I went to the game Friday night and its such a beautiful field with the roof open.

------------------
    We're going to miss you Chuck! Thanks for all the memories!

10. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I am confused just save the picture and cirle you and then post it or something like that.

Jeff I am disapointed you didn't take any at the Bar before the game.

------------------
    ~John~
    With the 9th pick in the 2000 NBA Draft the Rockets anounce a trade with San Antonio. San Antonio will get the Rockets two picks and a player to be named later in exchange for Tim Duncan and Mario Elie. San Antonio is now on the clock.
    Houston NHL

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

DAMN! Wish I would have known about the get-together...I might have made it, although I pulled a CLUTCH the night before (I saw Springsteen at the Compaq Center and didn't get in until 2AM...had a dinosaur hangover Wednesday morning).

I'm down for a draft day party. When is draft day this year?

------------------
    Bring It!!

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The draft is June 28. Pics from the pre game get together will remain part of my private collection - truth be told, it was so dark that no one turned out well even with the flash. Need an outdoor photo next time.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

13. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

1) Jeff's cats: tell them I said "meow meow mrrrrrrrrow meow". They'll understand it (little inside joke).

2) The pre-game pics: if it was so dark you couldn't see anyone, then you SHOULD post them! They're probably the best pictures of me and Clutch that have ever been taken.

------------------
    Anyone who advocates the use of violence should be beaten, tortured, and killed (painfully if possible).

14. popeye

popeye Member

"If anyone doubts Popeye's authenticity, I think many of us who were at the game can vouch for half the things said there."

Dang are there still some who doubt I exist. LOL

Actually, I am clearly visible in the picture above sitting beside a good friend.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "Let me get this straight .... we pay him $4.5 million dollars a year to play 82 games right? And, the other guy we pay $6 or $7 Million a year to stop the other team from scoring and maybe to score once in a while too!" ......... Popeye's darling sweetpea attempting to figure out WizBang and CaveInTo's role on the Rockets.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Nice, cryptic response there pop's. [​IMG]

Maybe we should make this a game - Where's Popeye?

Find him in the photo and win some chicken - or some spinich!

BTW: to all regarding the computer freak out - I have learned that from now on I will have a PC on hand for just these types of circumstances. Clutch's resonse: "HELL YEAH!!!"
    ------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited April 25, 2000).]

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Sounds like an NBC movie...

Popeye: The Enigma

------------------
    We're going to miss you Chuck! Thanks for all the memories!

17. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I want to know why they only vouch for half of what you say. [​IMG]

------------------

18. WiNK

WiNK Member

Man its sounds like yall had a great time.

Wish i could have gone......(even though it could have been a problem trying to get into a bar, unless they mistake 14 yr olds for adults)...ive never been to a rocket's game. I should have gone before i moved (what seems like crosscountry) to Lubbock. It would have been cool to go to my first rockets game and watch one of the alltime-greats get his last rebound and retire in the same night.

Btw - Ive been a diehard rocket fan since i started watching basketball at the age of 6. At first it wuz just because they were from Houston and anything that came from houston i liked.....then i started watching their games and they've grown on my like white on rice, on a paper plate, in a snowstorm!!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------

19. popeye

popeye Member

Hey Grom-Grumm you are right.

They were saying something about only "half" weren't they? Dang! Season ends and everyone starts getting itchy and wanting to start poking people with sticks, innuendo and other annoying things.

[​IMG] (Snicker)

I will personally deliver a caes of tyhe finest cut leaf spinach available to anyone who can pick me out of that photo.

1. I am a healthy male in a bright colored shirt.
    2. I am basically in clear view including most of the face, torso, arms, legs, etc...
    3. I am within spitting distance of RT. (Note: I can spit pretty good, as all sailors learn that early.)
    4. My friend is a black athlete, and is sitting beside me.
    5. Our seats were "el primo".

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Nice going popeye! Now, everyone will be after you! [​IMG]

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com