1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On This Day 14 Years Ago Steve Francis Came to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 29, 2013.

?

Steve Francis Era

1. It was like sitting next to Beyonce and Jay Z at the Superbowl

35 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. It was like dribbling out the 24 second clock for no reason

74 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. Don't remember or never knew, like a migraine

15 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. That era aged me that people think i'm my grandpa

17 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where did the time go??

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Remember - Francis had to play on a team where Carlos Rogers, Walt Williams, and Thomas "Fata$$" Hamilton were getting significant minutes. That Pippen deal really wrecked us. I remember how Olajuwon said the 99-00 Rockets team was the most talented team he had ever played on. Please don't get into player evaluation, Dream. People seem to have overlooked the rule changes too. That hurt Francis' and especially Mobley's offensive games. With his superhuman first step, Mobley could score 20 ppg when every play was an iso. After the rule changes, I don't know if Mobley ever got up to 16, did he? I will agree - the Francis era was just so frustrating. I still love Mobley and Francis though. Also, who knows what might have changed had Mo Taylor not been injured so bad and missed that whole season. Perhaps we might have finally put it together. But then, we wouldn't have had Yao. Of course, he didn't really get us where we wanted to go either.

1 person likes this.
  3. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Felt nostalgic today. Damn you Steve and your weed smoking and bad company. You should still be in the league!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VImz2iMQcKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

JVG ruined SF3

5. SuperLintendo7

I

[​IMG]

Miss

[​IMG]

THIS GUYY :(:(:(

[​IMG]

6. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

7. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

EDIT:whoops, meant to be a quote from Tinman's post.