1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the Texan's draft...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nomar, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

I REALLY wish they wouldn't pick Carr. If we could trade down to like 4 or 5 with a 2nd tossed in, that would be perfect. We should pick Jammer, and then with an extra 2nd we could pick up Antonio Bryant. There are so many good QBs coming out soon; Eli, Leftwich, Simms, Grossman, Dorsey...

2. Old School

Old School Member

You better tell Carr soon...he arrived in Houston last night and is closing on his house this week.

os

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

why in the world would we pick up Jammer (wasting our first pick) when we have two established CB's already??? i guess you'd move jammer to free safety??

this team needs a QB...and there's no guarantee they'll be able to pick up any of those you mentioned next year...they've done the research and they believe Carr is the guy. With as much money as they will be spending on him, I'm sure they have to be pretty confident in his abilities. Time to have some faith in the guys whose jobs ride on these types of decisions.

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All indications seem to show that Carr will be a really solid pro and quarterbacks are more noticeable/marketable for new franchises. I think it is the best move. And, yeah, it is pretty obivous that it has already been decided.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The Texans would look like **** if they selected anyone other than Carr.

I mean they're already using Carr on PSL advertisements.

For whatever reason, IMO the Texans should not have announced Carr as their # 1 even if they were 100% sure.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

why don't you want them to pick carr? you seem to be implying that carr is not a good quarterback -- what do you know that hundreds of scouts don't?

carr is light years better than simms -- light years, and more developed than leftwich. dorsey and grossman are wildcards -- great, great, great college QBs, but their pro prospects are questionable.

only manning is likely in carr's class, and he still has two years of eligibility left -- why would you pass on carr and take a chance that in two years, your team is still going to be picking high enough to nab eli? not worth it. any scout worth his salt will tell you: if you have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. no ifs, ands or butts about it.

btw, we just wrote a piece about the seemingly endless debate surrounding carr: http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

The decision is made. There's no turning back now. Deal with it.

The more I read about Carr, the more impressed I am. (However, on the flip side, you could say I'm reading hype propaganda designed to make me excited about Carr.) I just hope he's worthy of the hype, because Kent Graham does not make me excited at all.

Some mock drafts I read only had one RB chosen in the first round. I'm praying for this scenario. C'mon, Duckett, come to papa!!