1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the bright side of this loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Denovo

Denovo Member

You expect players to shoot 4 for 4? Have you played basketball before? Like at all..

Shooters are streaky. You take 10 shots you might miss the first 5 straight then make 5 straight.

4 shot attempts is damn near nothing.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pg13 had his way with house on multiple occasions. He got benched for good reason. Again hof’s are just ridiculous.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh look more excuses. No accountability. Makes sense. No surprise there

4. Denovo

Denovo Member

Your thinking illogically... we had a 15 point lead. House took 4 shots. At least 2 of them were before Gordon had a meltdown and OKC went on a run to close the gap in the 4th.

His shooting had nothing to do with us blowing that lead. This shouldn’t be a hard concept to grasp.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Once again bringing up things that have 0 to do with house himself. No idea how you don’t even understand that. You’re using something else to defend your beloved. That makes 0 sense

A player plays half the game. Misses all his open shots and yet he didn’t have a horrible game. One of the dumbest takes I’ve seen around here

bj3175 likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

PG did not shoot well, he made some plays, you can't keep a great player like him down all game - but House was not the problem tonight he was a NON- factor...

DD

Denovo likes this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is really the key 8n the big picture

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Denovo

Denovo Member

Lol get some rest. Eat a good breakfast in the morning. Your not thinking clearly. I hope you have a good day at work.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

They were on house. Of course he was a non factor to hof’s.

More embarrassing takes. A player can play half the game and miss all their shots but gets considered a non factor. Can’t believe some of the logic around here.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Learn not to be a player only fan. That’s definitely not healthy. Shows a lot of stupidity.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who was on PG on that winning shot at the buzzer? Oh, wait, no one....

DD

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We lost the game because we take our foot off the gas with oppossing teams. Clint needs to rim run when he is in the game to keep us from taking out of rythym threes. Then the defense is having to work

13. Denovo

Denovo Member

Very mature of you.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sounds like you very much watched the game

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Of couse not. But if House would made 1 shot, Gordon have made 1 shot more and Tucker have made 1 more shot, we would have comfortably won the game. And they're wide open shots they're missing from good passes. There's no excuses of why they're missing so many wide open so like they have this season.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Tucker was late on the rotation. He missed a few rotations on PG throughout the game.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The bright side is we could know Harden wont get MVP in advance.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Denovo

Denovo Member

I understand completely. Our shooting has been iffy all year. There’s no excuse for that. It HAS to improve if we want to make a serious run for a championship.

But for tonight the game was under control in spite of poor shooting. My issue is that Gordon’s erratic passing and decision making that caused the 15 point swing. Harden is partly to blame for not demanding the ball and taking control of the game.

Jeff was also to blame for leaving CP3 on the bench for so long while we clearly needed our floor general to stop momentum and control the flow of the game.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As bad as I feel about this loss, and I do feel it like a blow, I can't associate it with the playoffs beyond where we will be seeded. We have the same team that came together and played so well after the terrible start and the injuries. We are reasonably healthy. We have the best player in the Association. I don't blame Harden's missed last shot or the missed free throw for this disappointment. He had too much help. Gordon's play late was a disaster. House showed his youth and inexperience. Hopefully, he will learn from it. And where was Faried? It's a mystery. So were the refs, as usual.

No one feels worse about how the game ended than Harden does, in my opinion, and I think he will use it to fuel his play when it matters most, in the second season. I remain very optimistic about the playoffs. We will be in the Finals.

hakeem94 and bj3175 like this.
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The main person to stop was him. Guys like Klay Thompson will get shots like thwe need to eliminated the catches these players