1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi PF?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2016Champions, Jun 25, 2013.

1. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

I heard Morey was looking at him mid-season, but decided to give the final roster spot to Aaron Brooks instead. Now that Delfino isn't around to play PF in our small-ball line-ups, what do you guys think of Omri Casspi filling that role?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/casspom01.html

Didn't play well in Cleveland due to their suffocating style of play, but he showed some promise while he was in Sacramento with more freedom. He's an active defender due to his hard nosed mentality, seems to have gotten alot stronger which has helped with his improving rebounding ability, very energetic always the first guy up the floor in transition, quick first step and can finish with athleticism which makes him a mismatch against slower opponents.

2. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

I hope that this is a joke

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I think we should get LMA or Josh Smith instead of this Casspi guy.

4. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Plan W?

1 person likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

From howard to the great casspi? no thanks. we're getting dwight and that's final. anything else would be disappointing.

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

He's shown promise, but might as well stick with T-Jones/D-Mo.

If we're going to go with euro tweeners, I would very much prefer Ilyasova. He'll average minimum 15-18ppg 9rebs next to Dwight.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It's not a bad suggestion considering Casspi's game fits our style of play.

He's basically a homeless man's version of Parsons. I'd consider adding him for depth purposes and to get another tall perimeter defender.

#7 baller4life315, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  8. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

This is assuming we use all our cap space on someone else (hopefully Dwight). We can get Omri Casspi for the Room Exception ($2.65m/2 years max), or maybe even the vet minimum if we're really lucky.

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Probably gonna demand the max. Pass

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I think we found an OOF

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very well put!

12. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

I could see this happening as a small ball stretch 4, backup 3. Good thought

13. jvu

jvu Member

OP trying to vote multiple times to get his thread to 5 star thread

14. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Omri Caspi sure likely affordable been a bench warmer his lst few seasons after looking good in Sacramento as a rookie (not sure but I believe he took the staring job of Francisco Garcia). That said he's not a power forward he would be a great back up to Parson and Harden maybe he can replace Garcia for a second time.

15. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Before he even came into the league scouts were saying he has the potential to play a small-ball 4, and he's alot bigger/stronger since then. Think of him as a Rashard Lewis.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

How many offseason and trade deadlines have I seen at least one guy throw in this name. Is it the name, is it because he's from Israel, what? The guy is a nobody and we're jammed at PF so why?

17. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

If we get Dwight, the pick and roll with Harden will be so deadly that teams will pack the paint like moths to a flame. To punish defenses for doing this, we want good 3pt shooters, and I believe Casspi is a good 3pt shooter who will really excel in our system. I think his numbers will benefit similar to the way Garcia's numbers benefited.

Francisco Garcia's PER went from 10.5 to 12.2, his TS% went from 48% to 58%.

Hopefully Terrence Jones and DMo will be enough, but it doesn't hurt to have a little insurance. When we got Garcia he was supposed to just be insurance, and he turned out to be very helpful.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Omri Casspi is an option for 3/4 forward if he can sign LLE

19. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Casspi would sell a lot of tickets...
    but think about all the puss this team would drowned in with a lineup featuring:
    Paul
    Parsons
    Casspi

20. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

so much it would be detrimental to the team success