1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Omnibus]Former Trump Ass. Tell-All Book thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bolton
    "Anonymous" Cliff Sims
    Mary Trump
    Bookstore bargain bin- Digital Edition

Michael Cohen book accuses Trump of corruption, fraud

President Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen’s book accused the president of corruption and fraud, according to an excerpt released Thursday.

In the book entitled “Disloyal, A Memoir,” Cohen made several accusations, including that the president “cheated” in the 2016 election with the help of Russia.

Cohen, Trump’s former fixer, wrote that Trump attempted to get close to Russian President Vladimir Putin and “his coterie of corrupt billionaire oligarchs.”

“Trump had colluded with the Russians, but not in the sophisticated ways imagined by his detractors. I also knew that the Mueller investigation was not a witch-hunt,” Cohen wrote.

“Trump had cheated in the election, with Russian connivance, as you will discover in these pages, because doing anything — and I mean anything — to ‘win’ has always been his business model and way of life,” he added.

Trump has repeatedly denied any collusion with Russia during the 2016 presidential election, and he and his allies have called the Russia probe a "hoax" and a "witch hunt."

The investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election concluded that the country interfered through a series of social media disinformation and influence campaigns. It also did not find that the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russian government in the 2016 election.

Trump’s former lawyer also predicted that the president “will never leave office peacefully.”

"The types of scandals that have surfaced in recent months will only continue to emerge with greater and greater levels of treachery and deceit," the excerpt read.

"If Trump wins another four years, these scandals will prove to only be the tip of the iceberg. I’m certain that Trump knows he will face prison time if he leaves office, the inevitable cold Karma to the notorious chants of 'Lock Her Up!'" Cohen wrote.

The White House labeled the book as “fan fiction” in a statement obtained by NBC News.

"He readily admits to lying routinely but expects people to believe him now so that he can make money from book sales," the statement said. "It’s unfortunate that the media is exploiting this sad and desperate man to attack President Trump."

The president has slammed Cohen since he cooperated in former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the campaign’s ties to Russia, calling him a fraud and a liar.

In the book, Cohen also portrays himself as a “bad guy” who helped the president, who he said acted “like a mob boss.”

“From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant,” he wrote.

Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison for financial crimes and lying to Congress, but he was released to serve his sentence at home amid concerns about the pandemic.​

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Sort of goes in here since Woodward was interviewing Trump:

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's also infected his own party with paranoid accusations that are essentially projections of their own behavior.

If we don't reform the system to prevent another p***y grab of executive privilege, we're probably cooked as a Democracy and are unambiguously in kleptocracy status.

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...-stevens-republican-case-against-trump-397918

‘He’s Destroyed Conservatism’: The Republican Case Against Trump’s GOP
    Stuart Stevens was a winning GOP operative. Now he feels terrible about what he’s done to the country.

[​IMG]

Interview with the author at the link above

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing other than a pre-nup Melania Trump would probably write a book.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard a few interviews with Stuart Stevens recently and it's impressive how much he takes responsibility for the state of the party.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"I always wanted to play it down"

- DJT March 2020

Invisible Fan, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

Sheer idiocy...

No Worries, Ziggy and RayRay10 like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

My gosh, even the section on north korea shows trump is completely insane...

“Rage” includes the first-reported excerpts of letters Trump exchanged with Kim, and quotes Trump in his interviews with Woodward using expletives to defend their pen-pal relationship. Even as U.S. intelligence chiefs warn that North Korea is unlikely to ever surrender its nuclear weapons and that Trump’s approach is ineffective, the president told Woodward he is determined to stay the course and dismissively says the CIA has “no idea” how to handle North Korea.

“I met. Big ****ing deal,” Trump told Woodward, waving off criticism of his three face-to-face meetings with Kim. “It takes me two days. I met. I gave up nothing.”

Foreign affairs experts say Trump gave up much — including by postponing and then scaling back the U.S. joint military exercises with South Korea that had long angered North Korea, as well as by granting Kim the international stature and legitimacy the North Korean regime has long craved.

Trump told Woodward he evaluates Kim and his nuclear arsenal like a real estate target: “It’s really like, you know, somebody that’s in love with a house and they just can’t sell it.”

‘We fell in love’: Trump and Kim shower praise, stroke egos on path to nuclear negotiations

Kim welcomed Trump’s overtures with over-the-top prose in letters. Kim wrote that he wanted “another historic meeting between myself and Your Excellency reminiscent of a scene from a fantasy film.” And he said his meetings with Trump were a “precious memory” that underscored how the “deep and special friendship between us will work as a magical force.”

In another letter, Kim wrote to Trump, “I feel pleased to have formed good ties with such a powerful and preeminent statesman as Your Excellency.” And in yet another, Kim reflected on “that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency’s hand at the beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honor of that day.”

Trump was taken with Kim’s flattery, Woodward writes, telling the author pridefully that Kim had addressed him as “Excellency.” Trump remarked that he was awestruck meeting Kim for the first time in 2018 in Singapore, thinking to himself, “Holy ****,” and finding Kim to be “far beyond smart.” Trump also boasted to Woodward that Kim “tells me everything,” including a graphic account of Kim having his uncle killed.

Trump did not share his letters to Kim — “those are so top secret,” the president said — though Woodward writes that Trump sent Kim a copy of the New York Times featuring a picture of the two men on the front page. “Chairman, great picture of you, big time,” Trump wrote on the paper in marker. (Trump falsely boasted to Woodward, “He never smiled before. I’m the only one he smiles with.”)

Trump reflected on his relationships with authoritarian leaders generally, including Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. “It’s funny, the relationships I have, the tougher and meaner they are, the better I get along with them,” he told Woodward. “You know? Explain that to me someday, okay?”

‘Dictator envy’: Trump’s praise of Kim Jong Un widens his embrace of totalitarian leaders

In the midst of reflecting upon how close the United States had come in 2017 to war with North Korea, Trump revealed, “I have built a nuclear — a weapons system that nobody’s ever had in this country before. We have stuff that you haven’t even seen or heard about. We have stuff that Putin and Xi have never heard about before. There’s nobody — what we have is incredible.”

Woodward writes that anonymous sources later confirmed that the U.S. military had a secret new weapons system, but they would not provide details, and that the sources were surprised Trump had disclosed it.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...68fe3c-efd2-11ea-b4bc-3a2098fc73d4_story.html

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This explains everything.

Trump was taken with Kim’s flattery, Woodward writes, telling the author pridefully that Kim had addressed him as “Excellency.” Trump remarked that he was awestruck meeting Kim for the first time in 2018 in Singapore, thinking to himself, “Holy ****,” and finding Kim to be “far beyond smart.” Trump also boasted to Woodward that Kim “tells me everything,” including a graphic account of Kim having his uncle killed.

Invisible Fan, Ziggy and RayRay10 like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's amazing that Trump even talks to Woodward after the first book, but this POTUS just can't say no to attention.

IBTL, No Worries, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
    • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
    • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
    • Exaggerate achievements and talents
    • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
    • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
    • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
    • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
    • Take advantage of others to get what they want
    • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
    • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
    • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
    • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

18. NewRoxFan

19. NewRoxFan

20. NewRoxFan

Since the book included tapes, trump has now admitted to misleading by downplaying the COVID-19 virus, lying to the American people and the world about the pandemic. He now claims he lied because he didn't want to cause a panic, a frenzy, and that wanted to show the country as strong. And he is a cheerleader.

Do we need to know anything more?

RayRay10 likes this.