1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Old Chron]Lest We Forget the Summer of 92

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Dec 8, 2010.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That was his last season, because like most athletes (Iverson, Yao, Shaq, ect) Hakeem believed he could still play, while the Rockets knew he could not. Hakeem's production had been in steady decline and he was having issues with his heart and I believe issues with blood circulation in his legs. It speaks volumes that Hakeem retired at the end of that same season.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Charlie Thomas and his henchman Patterson made Dream sound like Albert Haynesworth.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I got to thank you for bringing this up, I'm going back and rereading all these awesome articles by Clutch and crew back in they day, check out the other thread, my goodness they were good!

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

OH SNAP, DAT BOI DROPPED IT LYKE ITS HAWT.

but really, this thread has nothing to do with justification of anything. I was just remembering past occurrences and shedding some light on fans' opinions on how situations unfold. It's just interesting to me, that's all.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

well if you do bring stuff up, you need to correct people when they get the stories mixed up. this situation didn't make Hakeem want to go to Toronto 9 years later! :rolleyes:

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Hey, I'm like the opening blow of a fight. You're like the left and right punches that come in after. If I would have done that, then you wouldn't have been able to create another thread. We make a great tag-team Tinny pal ;)

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I was depressed at the time. Like so many Houston sports stories, I thought this was destined to end in disappointment. Either Dream was going to be traded and win championships elsewhere like Joe Morgan and Moses or he would never get the team around him to win in Houston, like Earl. The Twin Towers were long gone and there was little hope on the horizon. I couldn't decide if I wanted Dream traded so he could show the world how great he was or for him to stay a Rocket.

Well, Dream never got traded, Houston started winning, and the whole world knows what it means to have the heart of a Champion.

[​IMG]

9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

at the end of day, it's all about winning, if the Dream era didn't brought us any champions, you wouldn't call this deal a smart one.

i think the point is that, never read too much into reports. Even great players may have their bad moments as people.... dream is not god, only human

BTW, i think process is more important than results, I am not saying results are not important....

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They would have targetted Russell's record, those 3.

Thing with the nba then, the whole "can't work together idea", when you were against triple hall of famer teams in showtime and the celtics, the only team that managed to do it over a real long period was the 76'ers, and they had Moses, Dr J and a team of really good role players (the 6th man award player, a 20ppg 50% sg and a 4 time all star/defensive first team) so....

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

err, the only team who managed to beat the lakers and celtics in the same year that is, was the 76'ers

12. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

5 star thread, at least for me, I became a Rockets fan in 1994, this story is beyond my knoledge....................

13. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Sorry for the typo, KNOWLEDGE..

14. parmesh

parmesh Member

The middle is more important than the end. It's what separates perspective from history. If this is your philosophy when it comes to posting...well I guess I have perspective as to why a lot of people here hate your posts.

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Some photoshop this plz, purple is so wrong is many ways.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I agree. Most definitely one of the worst periods in Rockets' history.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

sure pal. whatever you say.

as mentioned before, if you don't like my posts or any others posts, don't read them. i'm sticking to the bobby brown philosophy of posting.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

wow 25.4 million for a prime olajuwon looks like a steal compared to what GMs an owners are giving players theres days. :eek:

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I think Apple Stock was like $10 at that time.

20. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Olajuwon for Seikaly, Miner, and Grant Long makes the Kwame Brown for Gasol deal seem like a fair trade in comparison.

Thank God that trade fell through, as it would probably be showcased as the worst of all time.